More intelligent vote dreams

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

mitsukai

More intelligent vote dreams

Post by mitsukai »

Currently the vote dream is triggered once when a player sleeps for the first time after logging in.

How about having the web page keep track of when a player has last voted, and having the game give the dream again once 12 hours have passed since last vote? Since a player can already login to the web page, it should be easy enough to keep track of voting if the voting link was made to point to a redirecting page on icesus.org.

I'm never sure myself if 12 hours has yet passed since the last vote.

If the player doesn't log on to the web page or doesn't vote, the game wouldn't have any idea of whether he or she had yet voted during the last twelve hours. It could then resort to the current behavior of giving the dream once after login.

The net effect would be to have players see fewer vote dreams... Unless the player has a habit of having 12+ hour sessions.

Might be too frivilous an idea to implement... Feel free to ignore. The wizards surely have better things to code.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Isn't against the rules of topmudsites to have the game/admins/whatever keep track of who has voted and who hasn't, and change anything ingame for them?
suron

Post by suron »

Atleast players are not allowed to benefit in any way for voting. But notifying etc is pretty much the same as someone reminding about voting on channels. So in my opinion, it should be allowed.