nominations

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it a good idea to have players nominate newbie-helpers?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 12, 2006 19:33 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 22

khade
Supporting Member 2013

nominations

Post by khade »

I think that we should have a system set up so that people can nominate players who have been particuarly helpful to the younger generations, aka newbies. The nominated ones would be put into a drawing for a decent amount of money, and with the guilds that have masteries and skills associated with being helpful, like the wilders and the templar, maybe they could get a bonus to their skills for each nomination that they get.

Rules that I can think of:

1: you would not be able to nominate yourself.
2: bribery would probably be legal, as newbies always need money, but you should not be allowed to pay a friend to nominate you.
3: reasons for nomination should be required.
moraq

Post by moraq »

We had a "nicest mortal" competition years ago, and that was a sad example how extremely stupid players may easily abuse the system.

At that time there was a voting box above adv guild (if I remember correctly), and the midbie who won it exped newbies for 5min and took them to vote for him. I won't say who it was, but immense stupidity would be the key.

But wizard-nominated helpers sound nice :)

disclaimer: someone might say omg it's not true lol, but I know it is, as I was one of those newbies taken to vote
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

I agree with Moraq; while this would be nice, giving players control of it would quickly turn it absolutely useless. Wizard nominations/votes/whatever would probably be fine...although I don't like the idea of people being bribed(by this reward) to help new players.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Some of the guilds already do bribe, through masteries.
osma

Post by osma »

Would allow wiz to reward players without resorting to pdf. Pdf is great and all, but wiz seem perfer to restrict pdf awards, and Pdf seems to be near useless untill 50.

Cold hard cash, regen eq, useful weapons, and free skills/masteries are always useful however.

One problem with leaving it up to wiz: New players would not nessassarly know to tell anyone how helpful a player is, and wizes are unlikely to notice a player giving out advice/eq/cash/exp, and are unlikly to want to search through pages and pages of information just to find a player that has been helpful so that they can reward.