mage masteries

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

adnegel
Supporting Member 2017

mage masteries

Post by adnegel »

i have talked about mage masteries and how those secrets of acid,fire,cold,lightning should effect damage type donations with +donate like 50% is 0.5x (100% is 1.0x) (the exp you have spent in training) or like templars 1% is 1k or 10k or something, and suppress magic flow and arrow swarms could be effective masteries in the mages of valkor guild and ball,bolt,missile in arcane sanctuarry, so players can find something reasonable by casting bolts or something. Its no reason to punish players with better race specialities like (better int or wis) and if you have a good reputation in the city of vaerlon
moraq

Post by moraq »

Have to agree on that part where you said that players shouldn't get punished if they choose a race with good mental stats, but I imagine a thing like this being quite hard to change.

On the other hand, newbies don't need guild leads, so they should be bound to exp spend - which they are in almost every guild, not to any mastery degree.

The bonus which a templar gets from his/her virtues isn't that much really, or so I have heard.
adnegel
Supporting Member 2017

Post by adnegel »

well its nothing about newbies but guild donations I dont like that some level 80-90 (have good race choose) players can get leads with some guilds because they got worse race than me, or shitty reputation, it will give much more to players for being as mage if the masteries gave some bonuses u know
moraq

Post by moraq »

adnegel wrote:it will give much more to players for being as mage if the masteries gave some bonuses u know
Mage masteries already have probably the best bonuses of all masteries in game ;P

But that "level 80-90" player should get the leads from you anyway, since he has more exp!
adnegel
Supporting Member 2017

Post by adnegel »

well i still say that you have to work for your masteries as a mage, but with some other guilds, it's way fucking insanely much easier to get, but its still idea and, how many times moraq have been as mage ? Well try first, and say then what is correct and easy and how much exp you would need thx bye :P