a slim chance to get random titanium, iceron etc eqs

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

cromin
Supporting Member 2008

a slim chance to get random titanium, iceron etc eqs

Post by cromin »

The topic says it. Would be nice if one could get random "rare material" eqs from smaller monsters too (with not that good qualities, of course). Many players simply cannot afford to buy such things and at the moment there is almost no other way for new/midbies to acquire them.
Of course the chance for mobs to carry such eqs should be very slim.
And it would surely add to the excitement of killing smaller monsters when there is a hope of running into such things one day.
iluth

Post by iluth »

this is a nice idea, pretty much all random eq isn't useful at all because either it's junk for highbies, or too hard to get for newbies

if some of the random steel weapons came at good quality instead of always being poor then mob eq might be worth more than just loot, and actually be useable as eq (moreso for random glowing stuff)
argu

Post by argu »

iluth wrote: this is a nice idea, pretty much all random eq isn't useful at all because either it's junk for highbies, or too hard to get for newbies
Or then it is junk even for newbie... =/

who wants to use bone dagger with stats like +1acidres ?
<--- I have no clue what does chitines look like but propably like that 8]
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

argu wrote: Or then it is junk even for newbie... =/
who wants to use bone dagger with stats like +1acidres ?
yes, i agree currently random glow eq is really useless. even if you get a stat bonus that is useful, its always +1 or +2. getting a higher stat bonus is virtually impossible. (it can be found on certain eq, but that is custom made, not random). And res bonuses are a very good example: +1res is totally useless, res eq would be considered to be actually worn if it would be +5 or more. but the problem with making glows more useful is balance. What if a lowlevel player finds a great glow eq, hed be a millionaire, instantly. So istead of crying about the current state of the world, think how to make it better but still keep the balance?
So one way to make random eq better, but keep the balance, is to make it worse in some toher way: The greater the stat bonus, the faster the glow seems to fade away- thus if you wish to keep the great ponus, you need to keep investing in the eq, visiting the channeler more often then you would like to.
who else has a good idea, how to make random items more useful, but still keeping the balance? :?:
iskey
Supporting Member 2010

Post by iskey »

I got gold lamellar necklace of Agility (+3dex) from adult avian (5k). :D
Omoshiroi
iluth

Post by iluth »

iskey wrote:I got gold lamellar necklace of Agility (+3dex) from adult avian (5k). :D
shh :P

the problem isn't so much the glows, getting +3 glowing stuff is as rare as a blue moon and all the more better for it. the problem is random eq having bad quality and material, makes it unusable (unless its boots or earring or somesuch)

Post by Guest »

i have never seen anything like a random glow, what dificulty of enemy are they on?
rixa

Post by rixa »

thera wrote:i have never seen anything like a random glow, what dificulty of enemy are they on?
Starting from 100 exp monsters :)
argu

Post by argu »

I found about year ago Iro Falchion which has +speed and it was _quite_ fast... but still quite useless...
<--- I have no clue what does chitines look like but propably like that 8]
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Glows

Post by janeti »

Yeah. What smith capable of adding decent glows is going to make a brass sword or tin lammelar?

Post by Guest »

does the item glow? how can you tell without getting everything checked out by the blacksmith or the channeler?
iluth

Post by iluth »

thera wrote:does the item glow? how can you tell without getting everything checked out by the blacksmith or the channeler?
you know when you get a glowing eq, your guild item for instance should have a <glow> on it,

Post by Guest »

it does, do you need to put the item on before you can see the glow? i have not yet seen any random items.
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

Nah only the guild item requires you to wear it first. Random eq glows you can see on the mob as well as if the item were on the floor or in your inventory. If you look at the channeler that's how the glow would look like on a random kobold/orc/goblin/whatever.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

ok I know this is like a total newbie question but how do ya figure out the bonus on a glowing eq?