a slim chance to get random titanium, iceron etc eqs

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

molden

Post by molden »

mandrake wrote:ok I know this is like a total newbie question but how do ya figure out the bonus on a glowing eq?
Identify it at channeler's
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

An alternative

Post by janeti »

I've been thinking about this and have a suggestion, which involves a bit of work.

Have preset lists of equipment. Suggested by players (in the required format) and sorted by wizard(s) [told you it was work].
For each mob over a certain exp have 1% or so chance of 'special' equipment, if it gets it select a random item from the apropriate list. Keep the number of lists to 10 or less to ease sorting, it doesn't matter too much if a piece of equip gets bumped up one level.

For more work (and more processing needed) give each item a exp value and a mob gets one selected randomly from 80 to 100% of the exp worth of the mob.

In either case the wiz(s) don't tell the suggestor what list/exp the equip is on.

I'm assuming here that equip is made by someone to the requirements of the person who ordered it (as artisans are going to do). And presumably the requirements of those past orderers are going to be echoed by the players who are currently adventuring.
thoran
Wizard

Re: An alternative

Post by thoran »

janeti wrote:Suggested by players (in the required format) and sorted by wizard(s) [told you it was work].
Someone has to code, test and tune those eq's too.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Equip

Post by janeti »

The idea was to ask for equip with as much work done by the player as possible, which should also slow down the requests.

And for low level equip I wouldn't have thought much 'testing' was needed ie good quality leather pants, +1 Con. Even excelent quality fine steel broadsword +1 Dex +1 Str shouldn't be too difficult.

In case of difficulty err on the high side, it can be moved down later if needed, or leave it in suggestions until more information is available about the effect other similar but less powerful items have had. And there does seem to be a lot of high level equip already.

It's not something that needs to be done in a block, things could be added to the lists as wizards have the time. So not at the moment, or until after the new guild stuff and fixes are done. And waiting to see the effects of the artisans when they come on line would be a good idea.

But mentioning it now gives people time to think about it and make suggestions.