new apartment chest: gold chest

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

new apartment chest: gold chest

Post by dunn »

Instead of making bigger and more expensive coins, why not code an apartment container specifically for holding a very large amount of mithril? There are people storing them in backpacks, magic pouches, lord knows what and still they can't put it all in one place.. It's time for a vault! Those would be nice to open and stare over them too. :P
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

Here Here!!!! brilliant idea - call it a 'coin safe' maybe
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
thakkrad
Supporting Member 2012

Post by thakkrad »

Sure, but to be useful it would have to be able to store at least a million mithril coins...
allanon

Post by allanon »

I like this idea better than the "Iceron Coin". It seems more practical as a means to store money. Besides, I still think it's strange for folks to carry around sacks and white chests full of mithril...and you can't put coins directly to locker, either.

Artisans should be able to craft this item. That would give them something useful to do other than resizing and marking, which NPCs can still do anyways. And I'm sure everyone would want a gold chest, so initial demand would be high.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
solarin

Post by solarin »

Isnt you bank account unlimited anyway? Whats the point in havin a chest thats like the bank? :?: Maybe you could disable the fee for withdraws after you reach say 5m in the bank that would Prolly be a better idea and then you wouldnt have to code a completly new object :P
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Having hard cash in mithril is nice. Withdrawing mithril costs a lot.
Handling other coins is hard. Collecting mithril is an "hobby". mm'kay?

Hlep_end
Hlep_how i end post
How_i end post
Lol_apua?!
allanon

Post by allanon »

solarin wrote:Isnt you bank account unlimited anyway? Whats the point in havin a chest thats like the bank? :?: Maybe you could disable the fee for withdraws after you reach say 5m in the bank that would Prolly be a better idea and then you wouldnt have to code a completly new object :P
Uh...no. Bank accounts max out at exactly this much money:

Two billion, one hundred forty-seven million, four hundred eighty-three thousand, six hundred and forty-seven silver.

So you see, there IS a point to the gold chest. :wink:

And yes, the withdraw fee adds up very quickly once you get to bigger sums of money. If you always buy "with credit" at shops or smith, then you know the price difference. That's why it's good to carry mithril...or have a storage place for it.

edit: Also you would be surprised how easy it is to reach 5 million...even a level 20 could have that much.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
suron

Post by suron »

Yay, a piggy-bank!
solarin

Post by solarin »

If collecting mithril is a hobby then I think the player who is collecting said mithril should find a way to store and carry it. :idea: Dig a hole and put it in it find some way to use it as in maybe not hoarding it. Or should there be a fee for members of a guild that are above say lvl 65. For newbies who join the guild so that they can offset the price off eq ect.. :)
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

solarin wrote:If collecting mithril is a hobby then I think the player who is collecting said mithril should find a way to store and carry it. :idea: Dig a hole and put it in it find some way to use it as in maybe not hoarding it. Or should there be a fee for members of a guild that are above say lvl 65. For newbies who join the guild so that they can offset the price off eq ect.. :)
are you fucking stupid or something ? :D

This actually doesen't even concern you, seems like that you aint one of those who HAS a house, or is going to have one soon.
solarin

Post by solarin »

It prolly doesnt apply to 95% of the players in the game so why should it be coded? :D

Oh yeah and thanks for being an ass yoz :P
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

It concerns 95% of those players who actually play this game actively and are going to continue too.
solarin wrote:Oh yeah and thanks for being an ass yoz :P
no problem asswipe, its my duty.
allanon

Post by allanon »

It probably applies to 95% of the players, to be more precise. You'd be surprised how much money is out there in people's pockets. Or rather, they would have a lot if they kept it around longer than a few days.

Code: Select all

call_out("_edit",1);

void _edit;
{             //Allanon claims no responsibility for faulty code
message("spam","Doh. I just realized I said almost the same thing as Yoz. I guess that just goes to show that great minds think alike. Although, that would be including myself, so maybe that actually disproves the saying...according to a recent doctor's analysis, I don't have a brain. My synapses are actually made of straw. It explained a lot, to say the least.\n",nobody,forums_readers);
}
Don't beat on Yoz. Without him adding "flavor" to the forums, they would be rather boring. Besides it's ususally called "constructive criticism", and most people appreciate it.

Hey, instead of a Gold Chest to store mithril, how about instating the Mithril Slot Machines that everyone* wants! That pesky mithril will disappear in no time.

I love writing meaningless posts that have no relation to the topic. Maybe I should make my own personal forums so that I can spam all day long without wasting bytes.

everyone, n. See Nobody.
haardo
Supporting Member 2005

Post by haardo »

Aye, I have to point out that it's indeed most of the playerbase who walk around with tons of mithril coins in their sacks, bags and purses. I, for one, am one of those people, believe it or not! :D
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

Why the duck dont you code another coin in the game instead?
silver
gold
platinum
mithril
& new one(s) could be
adamantium
electrium
marked diamonds
and so on and so on...

people, dont be retarded