Change artisans to money making guild.

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: anopther solution

Post by yoz »

sraak wrote:complicated issue, complicated answers, some good, some good with good arguments...

here is one, if we go back to the brainstorming phase:

give monsters, NPC's the ability to drop smith&artisan&whatnot glowing EQ. something to boost their result, the EQ. skill+1-n, stat+1-n,even mastery+1-n... , whatnot+1-n EQ.

easy to code in OO language. easy to implement. but what would be the results of this?
erm, why? That would not solve anything.
sraak

think more

Post by sraak »

think. think more. think even more than more.

it would solve something, then raise another issues, but if those issues are easily handled by wizards, then, what wrong with this?
Last edited by sraak on Thu Sep 07, 2006 18:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: think more

Post by yoz »

sraak wrote:it would solve something, then raise another issues, but if those issues are easily handled by wizards, then, what wrong with this?
I still did not get what it would help?
sraak

that's it.

Post by sraak »

i am resting. withing 5 minutes one CAN NOT think. and think again. and think even more.

it might be me. i rest now. but wisses, check my idea/idea. try to implement it. it's doable at it leave alot space to maneuver (to make tunes).
moraq

Post by moraq »

Perhaps you should read the previous posts before adding your own 'ideas'. The matter which is discussed in this topic is to change artisans into a money making guild, rather than allow them to create superb equipment.

I can't see how throwing them eqs with mastery bonuses and such would help ANYTHING, and you didn't give reasons for this change either, so it's crap to begin with.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

"ok"

(hey bob, call the shrinks)
suron

Post by suron »

I can't see how throwing them eqs with mastery bonuses and such would help ANYTHING, and you didn't give reasons for this change either, so it's crap to begin with.
Huh? We already have a throwing guild with masteries and a changeshifter guild which is crappy to begin with. What are you talking about here anyways, I saw the topic and the word money but I see no money here. You trick me! But on more serious(?!) note lets think about the word artisan.

"a worker who practices a trade or handicraft or one that produces something in limited quantities often using traditional methods"

Doesn't really sound a moneymaker to me, more like a dedicated crafter working only to improve himself/herself with every new product, mastering his/her art, not caring for monetary reimbursement from his/her time and materials, often selling his/her products only our of necessity to make a living. Basicly "artisans" are middle-class, working shitty wages and poor work hours and the "merchants" are the upper-class, benefiting from the artisans works (those who make that sweeeet scratch from abusing others ie. pimps)

(I really don't have much to add to this topic other than the word artisan is misleading if you want to make it a moneymaking guild, just like the word wilder is misleading unless you talk about home-educated-magic-users)

Oh, its 5am already, hope this doesn't show in my posting
dunn

Re: that's it.

Post by dunn »

sraak wrote:think. think more. think even more than more.
sraak wrote:i am resting. withing 5 minutes one CAN NOT think. and think again. and think even more.
i have meditated on your post and all i can say is whoa, totally awesome man

do you have any more ideas/ideas you want to share with us?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

lol, no wait...!

Post by solar »

Why not just tune resizing to make them turn nice profit, at least to begin with.

Make artisans get some sum from between 10 to 50% of the resize (with a possible cap at some reasonable 100k) cost and keep artisan resizes cheaper than npc resizes so that greedy players will still have them resized by the eqpurgers' union.

They might start making money that way, but since they also fumble resizes and horribly damage high-end eq with their inept skills, they will also keep purging excess eq from the game, no?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
minny

Post by minny »

Hmm...Here's an idea, make the process of enchanting jewels in certain materials fatal, dangerous, etc, because the material is too soft, fragile, or can't be enchanted. Fragile materials: wood, bone, aluminium, others. Some materials like iron or lead, simply don't have any room for magical properties in it, therefore, making it impossible to enchant.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

minny wrote:Hmm...Here's an idea, make the process of enchanting jewels in certain materials fatal, dangerous, etc, because the material is too soft, fragile, or can't be enchanted. Fragile materials: wood, bone, aluminium, others. Some materials like iron or lead, simply don't have any room for magical properties in it, therefore, making it impossible to enchant.

Then again who would want to enchant such crappy materials which are totally useless in every way. Lead/aluminium etc are not the materials that will become issue. The issue will be with for example enchanting critted tita/mithril/ada/iceron stuff.
+average prot iceron full plate armours anyone?
+ave-cons speed mithril weapons?

Gaining those enchanting masteries is painful yes, but no matter how hard it is, i really do not want to see any merchant made items being better than the current eqmonster drops. I rather liked the idea that enchanting would only be used for making gem encrusted etc items that just increases its df/sell value.