unconscious

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

unconscious

Post by osma »

Simple idea, thought it was already implemented.

If an animal is affected by unconscious, or a simular ability, they should not be able to attack you! Maybe when they wake up, it would make sense for them to retaliate if you are stupid enough to be just standing there, but if an animal is unconscious, on FIRE, or simularly unable to notice little things like breathing, they should not notice a person attempting to sneak up on them. (or, for that matter, a person with a 13 string orchestra. Simply should not react to people moving through the room.

(granted, on fire isnt a good example. but seriously, if i am on fire, i am not going to walk up and start hitting on someone if they are willing to leave me alone for a few seconds).
allanon

Post by allanon »

Even when creatures are knocked out, they can still perform reflexive actions. This could be something as simple as a twitch, or perhaps even a reflex kick. Therefore uncon is not a complete disable.

Also, there's good old Icesus is Icesus...
Maybe it should be reworded to "Suspend your Disbelief".

Lastly, players still attack/cast spells/whatever if they are on fire, so that is a bad example.

If there's an issue with it, though, just change "unconscious" to "stun" for whatever particular ability is in question. That solves the problem nicely, since monsters already attack and sense movement while stunned, etc.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
behrditz

Post by behrditz »

and dont forget sharks can deliver lethal bites for hours after they die.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

Why is it when players get KO'd we die and MOBs can recover?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

xerene wrote:Why is it when players get KO'd we die and MOBs can recover?
It uses different code.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Much as one does not simply walk into Mordor, one does not simply wake up from coma (which is a state of unconsciousness). :)

Dragging the unfortunate person out of combat and using first aid to bring them back works, albeit rarely. But it's awesome when it does work.

I think it's obvious why monsters are unaffected.