Joining lvls

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

comas
Supporting Member 2007

Joining lvls

Post by comas »

Well this is an idea i've been fideling for a while, since its very hard for me to get euros, or my credit card to function with euros.( governement controls foreingn exchange so everything has to go through them).

Now, the idea would be to add levels to the cost of joining with the pdf award obviously dependant on the lvl.

As of now, 50 euros gets you 250pdf s if I am right..
what about doing it in 10 euro increments :
10 euro ( once a month MAX) : 25pdf
20 euro ( once every 2 months) : 50pdf
etc..
50euro ( once a year) : 250pdf

this way even players that already have joined once, can just pop 20 euro more, and get a total of 300 pdfs, which would allow for 3 constant blessings ( at least its what I understand) and not just 2 with 50 pdf liying around.

and new players can just give it a shot like 20 euros also, and see if they stick around long enough to want to pop 50 euros..

just a thought.

There could also be titles for these lvls:
-philantropist
-generous
-involved
-tight pocketed
-cheap but thoughtfull

just to make it interesting in game, and fun...
PEBKAC
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

A) Jää RY joining system works perfectly atm. Maybe you should consult those who have done it and dont have EUR as their main currency and ask how did they deal with it.
I really doubt that its an problem unless you live at anglobibloboblouaguablingblongsenegalugundu and are used of dealing with squirrel skins, changing those to EUR:s might be bight harder. However, if so, you are forgiven for posting something like this.

B) Do you honestly think that wizards are interested on keeping track on players who donate some pocket-money every month?
Much easier to keep track on once per year static payment system.

C) fuck those titles. They are retarded.

D) Once again someone is trying to fix a system that is not broken and does not need to be fixed.

E) Fun? in icesus? get outta here!
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

Actually, the problem with eur, is not just the fact that we dont deal with them... its that all foreign exchange in my country has to go through governement... so basically i have to ask the government for permision to purchase euros, on my credit card. ( which as of this moment they dont give out, just dollars). then, and only then , can i make an online purchase with foreign money. So as you can see , if i 'd live in the states, i could just paypal and go, the credit c ard company would do a conversion at the set exchange rate for the day and bill me for the quantity... for this... i have to ask the &*(@#)# government .

Second... i don't think that wizzes want to keep track of players who donate pocket money... it would really be cumbersome... yet... i have a question for ya.. Do you live in the stone age? All these records are easily electronically processed... it wouldn'treally be a problem.

3) titles are retarded.. maybe. so what? it was just a suggestion.

4) yes joining system might work perfectly for you.. but for me it still poses some problems, mainly because of how much it is..

Simply put, 50 E for me is 150 000 bs, which is1/5 of my salary ( yes , as a student, programmer, i get a very bad salary). and i have to prioritise my spending.. giving lvls of spending would allow me to make a small donation when i do run into a little positive cash flow.

fun in icesus? well, if it werent fun already i wouldnt be thinking about joining would I?

well, anyway, its just a suggestion, its not a MUST HAVE thing in game.. but well i wanted to see if it was posible.
PEBKAC
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

comas wrote: Second... i don't think that wizzes want to keep track of players who donate pocket money... it would really be cumbersome... yet... i have a question for ya.. Do you live in the stone age? All these records are easily electronically processed... it wouldn'treally be a problem.
Keeping track on the money is not a problem, actually getting idles/stalker whoever handles the joining issues keep track on the players and the pdf awarded to them with their current activity is a problem.
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

yoz wrote:
comas wrote: Second... i don't think that wizzes want to keep track of players who donate pocket money... it would really be cumbersome... yet... i have a question for ya.. Do you live in the stone age? All these records are easily electronically processed... it wouldn'treally be a problem.
Keeping track on the money is not a problem, actually getting idles/stalker whoever handles the joining issues keep track on the players and the pdf awarded to them with their current activity is a problem.

hmm, well since activation works in game and is reflected in site, i would think that it is posible that the two are linked.. so its not farfetched to think that this process could be automated. might take some coding... well.. whatever..
you don't like my idea... :cry:
PEBKAC
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

nope i don't, it has decent base on it, but wouldnt prolly work.
And no, its not automated
moraq

Post by moraq »

giving lvls of spending would allow me to make a small donation when i do run into a little positive cash flow.
How about putting some money aside every time you got extra, and then donating the necessary amount as you have saved it?
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

well it could work, but there is always that element of sudden things that you HAVE to pay.. so well..

i will probably pay up very soon.. but i still would love to see this implemented, just to be able to redonate later on with what i can..

now, this could also incentivate new players that want to try and get some good ( 50pdf) blessing.. and are not sure that they will stick around long enough...
PEBKAC
solar
Supporting Member 2020

I haev a stik

Post by solar »

There appears to be some confusion about pdf blessing costs, so I'll clarify them.

There are two kinds of PDF blessings, special blessings and constant blessings.

Special blessings cost from 125pdfs to 1000 pdfs each. They give special niceness to characters, like +exprate and ability to see invisible beings. The list of special blessings can be seen in the prayer room, which is downwards from the holy Elica stone.

Constant blessings are almost like normal df blessings, but they have no upkeep and they are not as powerful. However, they ignore elementmodifiers to taking them, so they're a good way to take instead of a major blessings with a 200% cost what would have an upkeep of astronomical proportions. They come in four parts, constant blessing of air, water, earth and fire. The constant blessing of your own element costs 50 pdf, the parts of those blessings that are neither your own nor your opposite element cost 75 pdfs each and taking the pdf blessing of your opposite element costs 100 pdfs. So, a 4/4 constant blessings costs 300 pdfs to take, and even then it is not as powerful as a regular df blessing, but comes without an upkeep.

Once the player reincs, the pdfs become free again and can be spent anew.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

wow, thanks for the info.
PEBKAC