clans

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

triphina

Post by triphina »

it may be a dead thing, but lots of people have stated to me in game that they think it is a good idea. not just 2 people in a clan, could have a min of the lead and say 4 sponsors to make one. i just think a little more interaction would be nice for a change rather than just party and kill, or solo and kill. that was what i liked about artisans...well, when they first came out, how it was a coop thing (for some peope it was), they way i think it was planned to be. but, as i have seen, some people just don't get along with others, and those woulnd't have to join anything. i know it would take awhile to code possibly, but i personaly think it would be a interesting feature.
iluth

Post by iluth »

About this clans thing, it is possible for sure for players to form these things with no coding needed at all.

But in Icesus this doesn't happen, like it would be nice to see rangers, druids, shifters, wilders etc partying together, but unless people get some actual bonus for doing so, they wont do it, just for fun is not enough reason in Icesus. People just do a mixed bag party which will rake in the exp (tank blaster healer, or offies healer etc)

In my own experience, a bunch of rangers riding the outworld can make some very nice exp/spam, or at least could in the old outworld, a clan system might encourage different partying styles like this to happen. More fun = good for the mud's health.

So yeah that's why Triphina is suggesting this idea, in other muds, %100 player run clans without wizard help happens, but people are not inclined that way in Icesus.

(Hors btw why are you obsessed with this subzero shark wrestling? :shock: )
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

iluth wrote: (Hors btw why are you obsessed with this subzero shark wrestling? :shock: )
because i do not think that this idea is worse than a falconry theme :D
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

comas wrote: But as Yoz stated, it would take lots of time to code, and people might prefer seeing new guilds up and running, like new priests, and falcon guild for rangers, etc...

Screw guilds, give enough exp areas for bigger players, if 2 skilled exp parties get it going at the same time, there will be an out-of-monsters-error in less than ~15minutes
(especially now that few monster that were good expmonsters ~few weeks ago are total crap now).

This should not happen imo.

Eventually with the nerfbatting, there will be no monsters for big players to kill to gain decent exp/min rate, and everyone will return back to shantytown and gypsies to solo.
Those who say that there already are enough exp monsters to support few ~3-4g total worth exp parties are either clueless about where the exp good is, or just retarded.

Anyways, if you really want those clans, you can always build them up yourself. Trust me, partying 90% of the time with loyal friends is better benefit than anything in this game. (you can also usually get much better rates if you are having bunch of constant partymembers, who know what to do). With the current status of icesus, icesus seems to be dying a bit. Area progress (read: quality checks) are very slow, and the content already coded is never getting in game, or they are just totally classless. (few exceptions here, for example. Dyaros's crap random outworld ettinwyvern area).

If you wish something like this coded, please do not expect that any wizard is interested in doing something as complicated as this. Rather ask for an permission to doodle it up yourself, and you might notice that it is not an easy task. You might even eventually end up as an wizard and then you can make things you really desire more freely.

IF, however these clans are coded, with icesus's current population it will end up something like this:

Few retard newbie clans who pretty much recruit anyone (ie. kravens cult, felgands merry assbandits etcetc.)

Few elitistic clans who only accept people from their friends list.
(the only ones who are currently doing eq and succeeding in it for real)

The rest propably just wouldn't give a shit.

These "clans" would not change anything, icesus is a small game with small playerbase, and we already have closed circles of friends who pretty much refuse to play with anyone else.

So please tell me, what would this change?

Is there an real reason why it should be coded, apart from being able to party with your friends mor effectively?

You already can buy an channel for you and your minions.

I do not really see any point at all what clans would improve, Icesus is just too small for things like this and for example they would prolly be something like the good old artisans which were proven to be absolutely awesome.

And yes, hunting/fishing etc were needed. We needed other alternative ways of gathering exp. It also seemed to work pretty well. We have a lot of players who just like hunting/fishing, and do not care if it makes good exp/cash or not.
Alternative exp-making ways were needed, and that is why they were brought to the game.

Clans are not needed, atleast not in the form triphina posted.
haardo
Supporting Member 2005

Post by haardo »

Once again I must say one thing which I've said earlier. Messiah posts. Nothing personal, but still...
triphina

Post by triphina »

as the forum states, it is an idea. ideas can be altered and changed to fit how people may see....now, yoz, you and your friends may not like it no, but other may and may actualy find use from it. and yes, i do wanna learn to possibly code, but would have to start with areas and such obiously to learn what to do, and yes, when and if i can learn i will be interested in attempting something like this. yeah artisans kinda (really) flunked, but it was not the concept that flunked, but the way it was put together i personaly think. i have seen muds smaller than this have clans (well there they were called organizations), and worked perfectly. think, from here, if the two clans agree, you can have legal pking anywhere. there you can have a highbie ball size thing. mostly as i said, it was an idea, changes can and should be done to it. and maybe the game is kinda dieing a little because everything is so monotinous here, nothing to really do but kill kill kill. that was really the only reason i liked artisans so much cause it was a change of pace to things around here.
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

I got it!
Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
muhahaha
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

Wow... it took you long enough :D
PEBKAC