clans

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

triphina

clans

Post by triphina »

well, this is just a quick idea i had. Clans.

1) to make a clan you would need like say 10m, and 3 sponsors that are not in any other clan or have been out of one for more than a month.

2)when you party with ALL clan member you can get special stat bonus or something.

3) this would take the buying a channel feature away possibly. but ones that are there stay obiusly.

4)with clans you can set donation levels...(why to come)

5) with new artisans possibly they can build a clan house (kinda like a hut feature for all clan), upkeep and expenses of it come from cache.

if people like this idea then i will go more in depth, but if not then not worth my time tring to explain something that people are just going to bash and not take seriously
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

why the one month restriction? why couldn't one just join lots of clans at one time :D

it would be nice to see a reall colaboration between players, this is a nice idea, maybe clan could get some kind of devotion ( other name of course ) similar to that of SD, and the higher they are, the better they fight together.

this could lead to clan events, clan wars, clan aliances.. etc..

but seems a bit hard to code... dont know..
PEBKAC
triphina

Post by triphina »

only one clan at a time so it is like a group of people. a month so that people just can't open a clan and do nothing, then wanna join a new one. in time yes clan wars are possible with aliences and such. it would be basicly friends joining together, rather than parties with random people, this can have reason. as i said, when clans grow bigger in cash wise donated to it, you can build clan mansion possibly, other benifits could include clan items for leaders, stats depend on how much clan does together, how much leader works with own clan ect.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

This idea pretty much gives me the same reaction than most of osmas posts or kravens stupid oneliners.

Not into flaming right now tho.

Imho, not needed, you can have your own axeclans/kravens cult and play with your imaginary clan reputation if you wish.

I'd rather go for batmudstyle secret societies than any clans that gives any actual "bonuses".
(no im, not gonna explain how those secret societies work in batmud.)

~~ ZOTUAYYAOZYOZ
gnoza

Post by gnoza »

let's all just join Vakoth's clan and that's it. =D> =D>
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

Yoz, you seem to be pretty much all against Icesus changes...

I think triphinas idea has some good in it. The idea of real collaboration between players ( more than just partying.) can be an incentive to play.

I dont know what method batmud uses, since the only mud I play is icesus, but some details would be appreciated ( no , I dont expect you to give them dont worry).

But i still like the idea of clan wars, clan aliances, and clan quests/rep/envents.

No need for stats bonuses, but just a sort of devotion variable on the clan, higher it gets, the higher clan members integrate in battle.
For example front row colaboration to boost defensive patterns
to provide second and third row blasters for more point blank shots at mobs.

It could even have effect on some artisan related /clan task:
Like triphinas idea of a clan mansion ( more of a hideout, or treehouse), the process of building it, could be clan related, clan members look for materials, one artisan carpenter could direct the process... etc... big strong clan members haul the materials, etc..

higher that clan variable is, faster the "mansion" could be built, and higher the artisans abilities are, the better resulting mansion...

I still think its unlikely that this can be coded "quickly" I think is more of a water priest speed, because of all the new stuff that should be added.

New option for bank could be "deposit all to clan",so there could be some petty cash for clan related purchases, like weapons, lockers, stalls, etc...

Artisans , leatherworkers etc.. could be clan hired, so that they could provide services to a special clan, like resizes, nice eq for new low lvl clan members, etc...

comas braces for flame reply by yoz....

triphina I personally love the idea
PEBKAC
huntor

Post by huntor »

I think that there could also be lockers, stalls, and possibly an inn depending on the amount of money available to clan and the skill/workers. You could have monthly due so as you won't join a clan just to get free stables and lockers, and those dues can help for additional improvements,weapons for clan wars,etc.

There could also be certain positions elected by the clan such as leader(make decisions on improvements clan wars, clan friends, and clan alies), treasurer (sole handler of funds, and cannot be transferable to a single person's bank account),event coordinater, vice leader (for when leader is away), then clan artisan/s, ranging from masteries who build improvments and make other clan items(must have leader's/vice leader's approval, sort of like Shadow dancers approval system minus the paying part).

You could also have guild specific clans or a player run guild house, where the current guild leaders have their own leave game place like shadow dancer however they shouldn't have horses or lockers so as there are no manditory due where a newbie wouldn't be able to pay or someone who doesn't use stables and lockers have to pay for nothing.

My two cents that turned out to two dollars :( , let the flaming begin
moraq

Post by moraq »

Wilders already have a tribe system and I think "clans" suit them most. To me a clans sound like something that savages, barbarians and other stupid folk have. If this ever comes to Icesus, for other than wilders, which I'm against, I hope they will not be called clans.

On the other hand player run guilds would rule!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

on the origin of clans

Post by solar »

moraq wrote:Wilders already have a tribe system and I think "clans" suit them most. To me a clans sound like something that savages, barbarians and other stupid folk have. If this ever comes to Icesus, for other than wilders, which I'm against, I hope they will not be called clans.

On the other hand player run guilds would rule!
True! Clans have a certain... uncivilized stink about them, except with scottish highland clans and err... Quakeworld clans of the ~96.

Can't use 'guild' name for them either, for obvious reasons. What about factions, orders, houses, communities, X, Y, <founder_names_his/her_own?>.

A nice way to burn some excess money the playerbase has would be to make customizable "clan headquarters" where hammer costs 20k and a toilet 500k etc! Yarly! Maybe those carpenters would have something related to Queer Eye furnishing...

And umm, name policy and only alphabetical naming should apply to these clans too, at least to some degree, like no /\nusclans, since /\ doesn't really fit into Icesus theme, or what _I_'ve come to associate with Icesus theme. Maybe wizard approval would be the best way to go to keep the fantasy... um, real?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

See, this is exactly why im against most of the shit that is posted here, people get carried away and start vizualising everything in huge scales.

Think of it this way:

It takes A LOT of effort to plan/build/code such system.
It would unite shitloads of retards togethere, which might not be a good thing(tm).
Is it really useful for the game, or is it something that would fit the current idea of game, no.
There still are shitloads of unsolved problems that need solving before anything this big/stupid/whatever would be coded in.

These are my opinions tho, and im just not that kind of an person who likes people who even haven't experienced most of the game content yet, coming up with huge ideas like this and expects everyone to be thrilled about them.

If you however happen tho come up with an idea that would really improve the game instead of just bringing retards together in an "axeclan" or such, with many totally useless features (we already have loads of stuff that has been coded because of ideas like this, and practically no one uses them. Example: boats) i would propably be all in for it. Untill then, i just keep hating you all and bashing your ideas with crude facts.
Atleast the idea triphina has there, does not have any features really needed.

However the earlier discussion on some topic on this forum or so, about player ran cities etc. would sound much nicer to my ears.
kthx.
triphina

Post by triphina »

Do we NEED hunting? do we NEED fishing? do we NEED merchant? hunting kinda pointless unless you plan on working skins, so in a way take that off, fishing is kinda pointless just to pass time. merchant, well we have a sales channel. see, feature that are pointles some people find use for them. for me it pointless, but others use and like it. i not talking akkoths dumb clan, i was thinking something along the way of a player ran organization. yoz, you may not be a people person, but lots are. world doesn't revolve around what you think is pointless and what isn't. and if we can make player organization houses, then that would be kind a step towards player cities f you think about it.....but then again...
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Players already pretty much make clans... They become friends and exp together, as time passes they get "mastery" of being together and work smoother and better to get exp/eq/whatever.

At least that's been what I've seen so far.
solarin

Working together?

Post by solarin »

klarh wrote:Players already pretty much make clans... They become friends and exp together, as time passes they get "mastery" of being together and work smoother and better to get exp/eq/whatever.

At least that's been what I've seen so far.

Comas and I often party together for much the same reason Klarh we know each others tendancies and use them to exploit weaknesses in mobs and such. Also as rangers we get that nifty evasive combat manuvers skill! So that helps alot.

:D
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

Yes, there is a pseudo, mental clann thing going on constantly in icesus...
But having it formally , and making it organized could be nice.

But as Yoz stated, it would take lots of time to code, and people might prefer seeing new guilds up and running, like new priests, and falcon guild for rangers, etc...
PEBKAC
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

If we ever have a falconry guild we also MUST have that uber underwater hunting guild to harpoo all those mad sharks down there...

concerning clans for today's icesus.. did we just have artisans recently? now we want 17 clans with 2 active players in each?
make players to run existing guilds (subguilds), add more guild quests. we can possibly think of finding ways for followers of each element to deal more with each other. well, there are tons of ways to add interaction between players without having to introduce something like clans which, imho, going to be semi-dead from the start.