Improved summary

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

midrien

Improved summary

Post by midrien »

I'd like it if there was another summary trigger in game. One such as summary -s (For skills/spells) That would show how much skill ups you've gotten through use from the last login.
allanon

Post by allanon »

That would be nice.
I have some other suggestions as well. They could be added separately or they could be part of a "summary -detail" command which incorperates all of them:

summary -r
Shows how much your reputation changed this session

summary -t
Shows how many tells, says, whispers, emotes, and channelmessages you gave/received

summary -pk
Shows how many playerkills you made this session

summary -b
Shows how many bans you got this session

summary -m
Shows how many times you moved this session (from room to room; no teleportation)

summary -i
Shows how many minutes you idled

summary -a
How many adv-points you gained or lost

summary -p
Number of items picked up

summary -<comand>
How many times you used <command> this session

summary -d
How many times you died this session

summary -e
How many times you ate/drank this session

summary -d
How many minutes you were drunk this session; number of alcoholic beverages consumed

summary -pr
Shows how much prestige you earned this session

summary -summary
See summary -summary

Etc etc...there could be lots added to summary command. Mostly useless though perhaps entertaining.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
midrien

Post by midrien »

Summary seems best used to show the improvement (Or lack thereof) in your current session. Most of those seem too trivial to add.
ity

Post by ity »

It would be nice to see how many times you fail/succeed a strike or kick or throw or shot and the like..
midrien

Post by midrien »

Yeah, thats a good point Ity. I'm pretty sure you can do that with spells already, why not skills?
croli

Post by croli »

Well, some of these extra summaries seem to be more useful if they go over several (read: all) sessions. I mean, unless you reinc you don't go raising more than two-three skills a session. You probably won't pk more than two or three others either unless your aiming for removal :twisted:

That again (those overall numbers) means summary isn't necessarily the right place. Maybe a "score --verbose --yes-give-me-all-that-stat-shit-nobody-wants" :P
midrien

Post by midrien »

Eh. I actually get 5-6 skill ups with a decent session now. Mostly carving or some other silly skill, but i still like to see progress.

Plus, my headbutt skill is steadily rising, and since thats my main combat maneuver till i actally take levels in the Wilders subguild brute.. I like to see how much better i've gotten
osma

Post by osma »

Biggest use would definitly be the success of skills (anything from fletchery to kick to strike) much like spells. Summary already has shots (archery) so isnt unreasonable to have the rest. Most of the stuff suggested is fluff and feathers, but yah, some of it would be really nice to have. Definitly in another command or summary-verbose though.
gnoza

Post by gnoza »

oh oh, make one for loffie too
summary -reinc
it shows how many times did you reinc when you are in game :P =D>
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

perhaps some of these summary issues could be easily solved by writing some good triggers in your client to increment an appropriate variable for the changes you want to monitor.

things such as skill ups and strike hits and misses are very easy to trigger off
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
midrien

Post by midrien »

I only recently got into using my client for alias. I'm sure theres a least a handful of good clients out there that people use to connect to the game, and each one has triggers/alias' set up differently.

It would be much more convenient if it was coded into the game, it would take me a bit of musing to remember the syntax, and set one up correctly as i've never done it before. I'm not even sure you can set up a variable for skill name, to display what skill you actually increased in.

Plus, theres the fact you can get a "LOT" better in a skill, and it can vary from 2-5 at least. No way to check for the exact ammount unless you set up an insanely complicated trigger to check and record the value for every skill and spell you have at the time you log in, and compare it when you log out, or when you ask it to.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

hmmm I did forget about the LOTS issue, on reflection whilst a trigger could be written to do a relative compare and store all skill values in variables, it would be a lengthy alias/trigger at best, depending on implementation - and probably not too hard to code for summary... now to convince a wiz of that :wink:
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin