Snakemen

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

hors
Supporting Member 2009

Snakemen

Post by hors »

they are overpowered slightly and need to be downtuned, aren't they? maybe wis cost 4 instead of 3 or something else?
moraq

Post by moraq »

Their crappy exprate compensates the low stat costs imo. In addition, have you even tried snakeman out? If not, maybe you should do that before moaning about it. Hearsay doesn't rule.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

moraq wrote:Their crappy exprate compensates the low stat costs imo. In addition, have you even tried snakeman out? If not, maybe you should do that before moaning about it. Hearsay doesn't rule.
yep, i tried a snakeman
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

I've been playing snakeman pretty much in every reinc (read: air_priest) and i doubt they'd need any downtune, if int or wis cost was raised their exprate should be upped too.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

hors wrote:
moraq wrote:Their crappy exprate compensates the low stat costs imo. In addition, have you even tried snakeman out? If not, maybe you should do that before moaning about it. Hearsay doesn't rule.
yep, i tried a snakeman
In the medieval times?
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Snakemen are balanced in that they're definitely the least cool race in Icesus. Just ask anyone, as long as their name starts with K and ends with H!
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Instead of snakemens being in huge uptune, i'd say that we have bunch of too crappy caster races. Imho there always should be one race that is statpowered compared to others, but for example exprates of gnomes/brownies etc could be increased a bit to make them an worthy choice of race.
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

Post by eysenc »

lipides wrote:
hors wrote:
yep, i tried a snakeman
In the medieval times?
Ever heard of secondary characters? =)
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

eysenc wrote:
lipides wrote:
hors wrote: yep, i tried a snakeman
In the medieval times?
Ever heard of secondary characters? =)
leave him alone eysenc, he thinks the way he speaks makes him look smart :D
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

Post by eysenc »

I feel snakemen are ok, but little uptune for other caster racers would do nice, so same opinion with yoz here.

Btw. More special abilities between races would do nice, so it wouldn't be just difference about stat cost etc. between races but you would actually feel like playing whole different race..

It feels kinda sad almost nobody have written description of their character although there is abilitity in game. I would love to see more description of character than just the race/size/stuff he/she is wearing.. maybe there would be like +1pdf per decent character description. Atleast regular description of the race if he/she won't want to descripe more. Not too many newbie know how (for example) spell weaver or chitine looks alike.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

eysenc wrote:I feel snakemen are ok, but little uptune for other caster racers would do nice, so same opinion with yoz here.

Btw. More special abilities between races would do nice, so it wouldn't be just difference about stat cost etc. between races but you would actually feel like playing whole different race..

It feels kinda sad almost nobody have written description of their character although there is abilitity in game. I would love to see more description of character than just the race/size/stuff he/she is wearing.. maybe there would be like +1pdf per decent character description. Atleast regular description of the race if he/she won't want to descripe more. Not too many newbie know how (for example) spell weaver or chitine looks alike.

well,i have no idea what icesus spell weaver look a alike...i only know Faerûnian spell weavers and those have 6 hands and they speak with telepathy :P...no idea are these E.T 's with tail?
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

yoz wrote:Instead of snakemens being in huge uptune, i'd say that we have bunch of too crappy caster races. Imho there always should be one race that is statpowered compared to others, but for example exprates of gnomes/brownies etc could be increased a bit to make them an worthy choice of race.
well, saying that other races are crappy is just the another way of saying this.. :D but atm i cant see any real choice but snakeman for an air priest or other guild where wis is a primary stat, for mages and other int guilds snakeman also number one with beholder as a second choice, and maybe a leprechaun for slow killers who wants a high exp rate. cant see a reason for playing gnome,spell weaver,elf or brownie at all. same for dark elf unless it is a sorc or melee psi

look yourself. here is anything i think can be a caster. i put elf and dark elf too, though i admit they are hybrid races

Snakeman d5s8c7w3i3ch7 hpr12 epr13 spr24 exp 18
Spell weaver d5s8c8w4i3ch8 hpr8 epr9 spr21 exp 19
Gnome d5s8c6w3i4ch6 hpr10 epr10 spr21 exp 18
Brownie d3s8c7w4i5ch4 hpr9 epr13 spr21 exp 19
Dark elf d3s6c6w4i4ch7 hpr12 epr10 spr17 exp 19
Elf d4s6c6w5i5ch4 hpr14 epr14 spr19 exp 19
Beholder d8s8c4w4i4ch8 hpr13 epr13 spr24 exp 20
Leprechaun d3s8c8w6i4ch3 hpr12 epr12 spr19 exp 21

p.s here i ll try to add some things i think would make them more equal
- swap spr rate between snakeman and spell weawer OR inc wis cost for snakeman to 4
- target gnome for solo by making con cost 5 and increasing hpr epr
- decrease wis for brownie to 3 and increase exp rate to 20
Last edited by hors on Wed Dec 27, 2006 19:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

Oh dear. There's more to it than stats and regens. *shrug*
rha
Supporting Member 2015

Post by rha »

Regens are also based on tickrate and snakmen tick slow as hell compared to other small races.
osma

Post by osma »

Are tickrates published anywhere? Has anyone made a list of which races tick faster then others? Or is that shareing information?