New pdf special blessing

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

kraven
Supporting Member 2012

New pdf special blessing

Post by kraven »

i came up idea,unless there is a reason why there arent any 750pdf costing special blessings i think "Divine luck" could be the one. 750 mean that ppl donated 3 years could get some sweet stuff too.

effects would be to increase all luck based factors if there are such in game engine. example. fishing bigger fishes,while hunting more chance to get "goodies",criticals occur more often,critical against you occurss less often,fumbles lessened,LBD skill increase would improve and mobs you kill could drop tiny amount more money.

it would not however effect party dice scores,party draw,blackjack/poker/roulette/mithril lotto/keno stuff or any other such stuff.

maybe i introduced it overpowered but something like that. what say you :?:
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

There already is, try Divine protection!
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

YEAH!!11111111111111

It could also give you a chance to get extra cramlen axes from cramlen if you get really lucky, or extra berries when casting good berry and supercool stuff like that!

Ideas like this usually sprout from mentally handicapped armless orangutans who tend to bash the keyboard with their forehead.
Im also surprised that even lower being than that could accidentally come across such an wonderful idea, good job!

And all this leads to an one simple question.

Why?

If something like this would be implemented, it would need an new stat or atleast some kind of an luck-factor coded in the game-system. And coding something like that would prolly change a lot of things.

All this crap you already mentioned already has shitloads of icesus-random generator stuff added in it already. If luck in general would exist instead of huge amount of n+x+random+x^random patterns like it seems to be (totally unpredictable) it possibly would've been added in game long time ago. This new suparb blessing is not needed, come up with something better.

People who have "donated" for 3 years as you say, can already get something useful and nice with their pdfs.

I really fail to reach your flawless logic once again.

Kthx.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

i think yoz is the only mentally handicapped here should learn to shut the fuck up unless spoken to. as i said earlier if there is such thing in game engine as luck factor or any other similar. but if not the coding would be way too much work.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

You've just proven my point of the orangutan part, thx.
suron

Post by suron »

Speaking about orangutans, a friends of mine told a nice story that happened to his co-worker(s) in some oriental country. They were chilling out in their hotelroom and suddenly the door opened and a full-grown orangutan walked inside, went straight to the rooms minibar and drank the biggest bottles, then it continued to trash the place, janked the chandelier from the roof, broke the tables and chairs while wide-eyed finns just stayed the hell away from the native mammal. The story doesn't tell if these poor travellers were forced to pay the repairs...
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

You never mess with an Orangutan, if one gets angry, it could probably pull off both arms and both legs at the same time... who knows, most people are smart enough to not bug them. If one is smart enough to write, as Yoz insists, then it is smart enough to be insulted by sarcasm. Say goodbye to your arms and legs, maybe your head too.
moraq

Post by moraq »

The orangutan are rumoured to bash people with a book of some sorts, making the flamboyant backbag to fly :(
osma

Post by osma »

While I wont mention if idea is good/bad, i will say this.
effects would be to increase all luck based factors if there are such in game engine.
There is already something dealing with "luck" in the code, based on the fact that there are a few items already in game that affect "luck". Two that i know of are rings that provide a small bonus to luck (newbie quest item i believe) and a rare amulet that states in identfy "It makes you more lucky in hunting."

Personaly, even if offered, i would be unwilling to pay that much pdf (even if i had it) for something that was as limited in scope as this, unless it provided a large bonus. (and since yoz mentioned it, extra good berries.)
allanon

Post by allanon »

Nah, that ring operates on its own separate hunk of (large) code, all of its effects are isolated and not tied to ingame "luck" factor. Nice try thou :wink:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.