Exploring

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

comas wrote:I think exploring is just a natural part of the game. Not because the game is soo big and you just can't contain the urge to explore it, but rather because you get tired of doing the same things over and over again.
honestly, anyone can make exp.. in areas or in ow but still anyone can do it. but exploring, completing quests and there is even some quests for eqmobs that require some _skills_ and even hours of exploring and searching for the right syntax, and not everyone, and i think not even 50% of the players can do that without help, and imho, that is what should be rewarded. i'll paste the top3 of explore plaque:

+------------------------------------+
| 1. Dracu |
| 2. Galan |
| 3. Zohlor |

i can say that at least these people have done something most people are unable to do, and i can say that i know a couple of things they have actually done that i havent. of course some people on explore plaque have asked their friends for pro tipz, but thats up to them if they are willing to share or not.

..but imho, if i'd be a wiz, exploring things and doing quests is something i would reward... somehow.

(and yes i know all the quests have somekind of reward, but are those really worth it? are those really worth the knowledge if the reward is a +minor reputation to vaerlon? i dont really know)
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

True, quests are a big part of exploring that I did not take into account. Not that it's not important, because it is, but because the posts seem to be more focused on providing better exp for a room explored/total rooms ratio.

IMHO more quests would be good, i for myself have done 6, but i have tried more, but i usually find out that they are out of my league ( IE, help the nymphs). And these are usually done in parties. So again , this causes the problem, for if the party members should or not get explore exp or just the leader.

Also it think quests should be all re-doable, it would be nice to have more of these recycle quests that help ( DF, magic items etc.) and it might even help bring the prices down on some items.

But back to the point. Quests can be a good way to get pple to explore.
also, events like the poles event (dont remember name) , its quite long and i found it fun, but after 2 hours, all i got for 3rd place ( it was as hard as 1st or second, even more since it took me more time, and more regens than winners) i only got like 50k exp so i did not find it very rewarding. Maybe uping these rewards, would encourage more pple to start doing these, and this way exploring.

I could even go a step forward and recomend a similar event or quest, that on top ofgiving general direccions, could provide you with a sort of riddle to solve in order to "stamp the ticket". In which event/quest , general knowlegde of the map would be key to solving it, thus "forcing" explore on people that do it.

I really don't know how this explore thing works in Icesus, but it would seem that there are special rooms that give the exp, and even if you go further but dont touch that room, you don't get it.

I dont know if you get a +int or +wis bonus with more and more explore, but that would be nice.

Also more explore could mean that you are better know around the world, thus getting maybe discounts at stores, inns ( food), coach. Or even better, if you get to a special explore room in a region, the stablemaster at that region knows you and allows you to store your mount in another stable than the one you rented it at.

well i'm off.
PEBKAC
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Im not too surprised that only dracu,harlonus,moraq,solar and me are the only ones who have any damn common sense, or even a small glimpse of clue how explorig etc works/should work. Rest are just being baboons shooting out vaporous ideas of shit out of their asses.

Exploring really needs an reward, but afaik the best reward for it would be df or exp. Rest is just a bonus when you actually LEARN how to do quests, where to find eqmonsters. Knowing this kind of stuff makes your life easier. Currently its just an another useless e-peen0r meter.

This is another idea, maybe all people in top10 explore plaque could for example get an halo-like aura, which would grant them bit more df when sacrificing items, this amount would increase with the position ofcourse. Like 2% more from 10th place, and 20% more from first place. Ofcourse, it should stack with halo. Or something as simple and not too powerful. Giving statboosts or eq just would not fit and would be bit too much.
comas wrote: Also it think quests should be all re-doable, it would be nice to have more of these recycle quests that help ( DF, magic items etc.) and it might even help bring the prices down on some items.
So they could be raped and everyone would have shitloads of quest items? :D

Negative, wont happen.

Some quests already give you best eq for some slots in game, overpopulating people with those eq would just be fucking stupid.

Some quests already are redoable.
comas wrote: I dont know if you get a +int or +wis bonus with more and more explore, but that would be nice.
right, what an stupid idea.
moraq

Post by moraq »

comas wrote:...and it might even help bring the prices down on some items.
Prices are already too inflated, there has been an uptune to wear and tear of equipment as a result of this. It's not too long ago a player brought forward a suggestion: complete eq purge because of the inflated prices, newbies getting their avian blades too cheap etc. Even though the real motive was rumoured to concern that player's great sorrow of not having the best equipment in game. Even thinking of this kind of supermonkey idea brings us a step closer to a radical methods such as the above one, even though it was completely knocked out by players and wizards alike.

Prices should go up not down!
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

Well i have not been in game long enough to know about how prices used to be. right when i started about 1 year and ahalf ago an avian blade cost me around 150k, and that's what i ve seen lately.

eqpurge is not what i want... but if you say prices are deflated, then i believe you.

But i do see some good items selling for lots ( check booth ne of V)
but i guess thisis because they are so rare.. so scratch that idea of bringing the prices down, actually i ve seen that money is not too scarce in this game, without really trying too much one can make 100k in 3 hours play, so i guess saving up is just a matter of patience.

Although i do see something that is really unreasonable, reincs. Some chronos are selling reincs for 1M.. some for less. This is really annoying, because as i understand it, its a skill and a spell.. so not really a big deal for a reincer to do. I m not saying to do it for free ( some do) but rather charge 150k maybe 200k tops. Just to recover what you may have spent on training it at some point. But 1M is really really out of price.
PEBKAC
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

people who trained almost everything up do not really need money, so they think prices should go up and up and up and that all newbies are stupid when they whine about high prices. but they are not, a few millions for a good sword does matter something for a person who needs money for training. besides the fact that the sales channel does not offer them often too.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

hors wrote:people who trained almost everything up do not really need money, so they think prices should go up and up and up and that all newbies are stupid when they whine about high prices. but they are not, a few millions for a good sword does matter something for a person who needs money for training. besides the fact that the sales channel does not offer them often too.
Money is retardedly easy for even an newbie to do, i see no problem here. Current value of eqs is just damn low.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

if someone had to pay say 10m :D one day for an avian blade it does not mean it should cost the same now. if the game is to develop there will be more people and more eq and lower prices as a result. unless you want it to stay the same size and the same player base as it is now.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

hors wrote:if someone had to pay say 10m :D one day for an avian blade it does not mean it should cost the same now. if the game is to develop there will be more people and more eq and lower prices as a result. unless you want it to stay the same size and the same player base as it is now.
avianblade is hardly nothing more than small df eq, its the smaller eqmonster eq that is badly inflated.
moraq

Post by moraq »

comas wrote: Although i do see something that is really unreasonable, reincs. Some chronos are selling reincs for 1M.. some for less. This is really annoying, because as i understand it, its a skill and a spell.. so not really a big deal for a reincer to do. I m not saying to do it for free ( some do) but rather charge 150k maybe 200k tops. Just to recover what you may have spent on training it at some point. But 1M is really really out of price.
You obviously have no idea whatsoever about the principles of supply and demand.

When there are only a few people capable of casting high-quality reincarnations they can set the price how freaking high they want to. If you do not want to pay that much, settle for a crappy reinc.
hors wrote:...people who trained almost everything up do not really need money,...
People who trained up almost everything and never reinc do not need that much money. There are very few of these people.

But this was about exploring. Let's try to stick to discussion about that.
Last edited by moraq on Sun Jan 14, 2007 17:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Stick to the topic, there already is a topic concerning eq-prices if you want to talk about those go there.