more on summary

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

sraak

more on summary

Post by sraak »

would it be hard to code also skill%'s (failures and succeeds) in summary command?

it would help to keep track of my character. i have just started as fresh as icesusly possible, i think. and i love it. this would just help me, and maybe somebody else too.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Skills do not have similar general failure system as spells do so it's relatively impossible to add such failure thing to summary.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

can be done easily with stat triggers in your client though
sraak

Post by sraak »

hors wrote:can be done easily with stat triggers in your client though
anyone who know anything about tinyfugue...

that will be my choice.
osma

Post by osma »

Dont know anything about tinyfugue, but hors is right. It took me something like 3-4 hours to figure out what all the terms ment, how to implement them, and bug-fixing. However, once i got everything set up how i like it, i have extensive stat triggers that tell me a ton of information about my archery, and it can be tuned, added to, or repaired within min. Anyone who likes facts/figures, or who wants to follow their skill information like they do spells should invest some time to learn how to set this stuff up.
sraak

similar system

Post by sraak »

spells/skills should bee in the same system.
they are the different sides of the same coin.

maybe it's teh coding&etc. and there no one mortal can help you wizards, unfortunately.

(what should've been and not are teh subject of eternal dispute.)
seryn
Supporting Member 2009

Post by seryn »

spells/skills should bee in the same system.
they are the different sides of the same coin.
With spells you type 'cast <thingy>' and then stand around looking stupid for a while, and then stuff happens or doesnt'.

With skills if you ingore automatic skills there are still some skills that don't fail, some which fail in multiple ways, some which have non-standard syntaxes (meaning you type something other than 'use <thingy>'. Add to that all the skills having varying degrees of success/failure (like most combat maneuvers that you'd be wanting to track) and it should be obvious that skills and spells shouldn't be the same system.

If you had thought you'd see that you don't really care how many times you hit with your combat skill of choice but how many good hits you get vs. how many shitty hits, which would be a huge thing to try to add to the game since each skill would need its own specially tailored code and a lot of them would simply not make sense to do that for.

You should either make triggers for your client of choice to do this type of thing, or else whine to everyone until someone has pity and gives you triggerset, instead of using crappy logic to say skill and spell are identical.