Hunting Questions

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Should someone/Osma create a Hunting Faq Thread

Poll ended at Thu Apr 12, 2007 04:44 am

Yes, information on hunting would be appriciated.
64%
No, a guide would be a bad idea.
36%

Total votes: 25

osma

Hunting Questions

Post by osma »

Many times on hunters, ranger, and party channels I have heard someone say "We need a help file that explains hunting in greater detail," to which others would sometimes reply "No, we dont."

So the question is this: Should i start a hunting faq thread, much like the fishing faq currently available, that goes over basic help file info, old-wives tales, useful information, and how the terrain affect the diffrent aspects of hunting. This Faq would then be open for others to donate useful information that they have discovered, makeing a well rounded guide to those who havent tried it, or who do hunt and are in the dark.

Or, should i do no such thing. Should i say nothing because the mysteries of hunting should be something learned, not taught.

Please vote and post your opinions on this thread.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

No thanks, please die.

or maybe yes, i need something to laugh at.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

icesus has this help sharing information policy that applies to game mechanics too...so if you wanna know stuff about stuff..you need to ask someone who knows or explore and experience your self
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

also icesus has these little things called "help files" that actually help players with the basics of everything..
Hunting files are lacking at best of the basic info one needs to be a decent hunter ( masteries, terrains, etc..) i think that a hunting guide would be greatly appreciated, and its really up to a wiz to decide if it is or not in conflict with the "sharing information " clause.

gogo osma!
PEBKAC
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

The hunting guide is outdated, so I think that it wouldn't hurt to do a quick update.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

for a good amount of LOL, see 'quote 214'

Post by solar »

Well, if one needs some guide to help maximizing one's performance with minimal effort, then maybe that player is playing the wrong game - or the wrong way, who is to say?

'help skill hunting_related_skill_X' and 'help hunt' should be pretty much what you need to read, the in-game helpfiles are there for a reason.

So... personally I believe that such a guide is... umm, let me come up with a suitably retarded concept to steer this whole thread offtopic... against the collective spirit of Icesusism. >:)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
minny

Post by minny »

Quoting Solar..."collective spirit of Icesusism. >:)"...does such a thing even exist?
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

minny wrote:Quoting Solar..."collective spirit of Icesusism. >:)"...does such a thing even exist?
all muds are secret communist parties.. you should have known it by now :D
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

minny wrote:Quoting Solar..."collective spirit of Icesusism. >:)"...does such a thing even exist?
yes, it is summed up in "stupidlolplx" otherwise known as "minimax-to-leetness-or-die".

* Without prejudice to the aforementioned generality, nubus are still welcome (to make fun of).

edit: And on the subject, please do write such a guide. I suspect some people will appreciate it as much as the fishing howto.
In game help files are there for a reason, but the forums are also here for a reason (otherwise just take off the newbie forum or just post one sticky to it saying "RTFM"). There are different ways to present topics to people new to the game, and forums might be more... accessible.
It looks as though some people like to run the game their way or no way. Let them flame away. So far, according to the poll results, it seems the majority would like such a guide. It also seems like all the posts opposing the idea are from people who aren't the target audience for it anyway, so you can safely ignore them.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.