New Guild Ideas Mk.I

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

behrditz

New Guild Ideas Mk.I

Post by behrditz »

Today while I was thinking, I came up with two guild ideas.

The first, would be some kind of ooze/slime/gel/primal puddle guild. By this i mean the sentient puddle of shapeshifting goo that has such potential. Im thinking it would work like the guild admission guy is some scientist/wizard and via magic and whatnot, turns you into this slime form that he is studying. Various races could give various bonuses/penalties in certain skills, like the coven.
Now, I'm thinking that their skills and abilities work off some kind of "matter pool" and to fill that pool, an ooze will absorb and digest items. Their skills would also be based on shapeshifting, but not like gaesati. Shapeshifting by making bladelike appendages, or striking tentacles, or later on, being able to assume a mockery of their former race, and maybe at very high skill, a perfect copy. Their skills could be centered around using their body for combat in both offense and defense, and the various kinds of manipulation and use of digestive acid and shape-taking. Think something like a mix of a mimic, a giant amoeba, and those strange "gel cubes" from dungeon games that clean up eq on the floor. Rough Idea, I know, but thats what this place is for.

My second idea, is another kind of monk. This new kind of monk would be more into the strange, mystical power spectrum. Im thinking they should be like..."evil" monks, who believe in pain and chaos, and use their mind for attacks. Not like an infecti though, more like...dark chi, or something, controlling the power of "force" with their mind. By that i mean stuff like they concentrate, and make a motion with their hand, and one of their opponents bones break. (thats just an example of the "theme" of their power, that ability wouldnt do much here since the only injuries we get here are bleeding wounds). As they are about chaos and pain, when they meditate to gain power, maybe it should only give them power if they use meditate to heal injury, and if they are fulled healed already, then they have a self-flagellation skill which injures themselves and gives them some kind of devotion, or whatever "power pool" they tap into, and then they can med-heal that damage back. Just think of all the interesting kinds of skills you could come up with using the "evil mystical martial arts user" layout.

These are just rough ideas for someone to build on and flesh out, but I think they are good places to start.

Any comments or additions will be appreciated
midrien

Post by midrien »

Soo... Horrible gelatinous blob, and every anime character known to man?

No.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

Have to agree with Midrien, this isn't DragonBallZorzlol!!!!1111shifty!
comas
Supporting Member 2007

Post by comas »

agreed, althought the self mutilation thingy could be added to shadowdancers. As in Devotion for harakiri, ( more exp you have on, more dev you get, oh and this guarantees that you loose ALL you had)
PEBKAC
solarin

Post by solarin »

Sounds like a bad Dean Koontz novel Idea to me, I would rather have a giant race of chickens to ride on! :shock:

Speaking of henti and japanimation maybe take something from vampire hunter D? :twisted:

Feel free to flame!
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

vas flam

Post by solar »

*Solar flames the whole thread*

Oh, and by the way: "plz"
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
solarin

Post by solarin »

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!111!! :D
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.