Wilder archers

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

suron

Post by suron »

Wilders seem more like throwers to me instead of archers. Even if throwing might suck compared to archery. So remove the complex mechanical devices from the simple wilders and give them heavy objects instead. :)
solarin

Post by solarin »

Yes! Wilders throwing their axes as well as slashing the crap out of mobs! :D Methinks there are not enough throwing axes that are worth a crap though...:(
I won't get mad at you today, it's be kind to animals week.
osma

Post by osma »

Methinks there are not enough throwing axes that are worth a crap though
There are not very many bows that are worth a crap either. Fix it the same way archers do: give wilders an ability to create throwing weapons, perhaps from the animals they kill (like totems). That, or give them throwing abilities. Rangers gain quite a bit of skill above and beyond what Royal archers give them, so give wilders extra throwing abilities, such as snap throw, or some kind of anatomy skill that acts like enhance criticals when throwing. This way, even sucky throwing weapons are more effective when used by wilders. After all, even a rock hurts a giant if you hit it in the eyeball.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Maybe it would make sense to turn them into some sort of axethrowers if they could still do decent damage, but that would probably take quite a bit of coding/tuning to happen. The general feel that I get from the guild is that they aren't as 'advanced' as rangers (fletchery/bowery max at 70% for the guild) and 'make up for it' with brute force, but just because they're not as advanced doesn't mean that they should absolutely suck and be useless in whatever they do; it is a guild, after all, people in it should be able to do something with those levels.

While we're on archer tunes, perhaps the rest of wilder code could be un-nuked also so that there would actually be people playing in the guild? *lurk* :wink:
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Wilders suck for doing eq since the placebo-tune called 'half-healing' was added ages ago. I don't think the guild is
in the right tune at all.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town