Outworld mansions - post ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

moraq

Outworld mansions - post ideas

Post by moraq »

Okay, outworld mansions are more or less ready. Before starting any testing phases I wanted to ask for your input as to what features they should and should not have.

Info:

Code: Select all

* Every player can own one mansion which can be expanded
   indefinitely.
* You can bolt racks in your mansion rooms which save the stuff
   put in them.
* Special 'warded racks' which allow only certain person to take
   the eq from them.
* Map is available inside the mansion (quite plain, but still)
* Able to change the short and long descriptions of mansion rooms
* There's currently only one locked door. If you give a key to someone else he will have complete access to your mansion (excluding warded racks etc)
* Possible future modules I have thought of: rift room
* Something else I forgot
Things I won't add

Code: Select all

* Room sounds - Completely useless, you're just going to add "it smells like poo in here" etc.
* Item descs - While these are nice, I don't want to be saving an extra crapload of data for a feature that's quite marginal, however nice it is
* Only one mansion per player. Not two, not three. You can however have access (key) to as many mansions as you wish
Prices for purchasing a new mansion or adding rooms will be decided by wizards later, and won't be debatable :wink:

Post (or mudmail if you're shy) your ideas.

PS: While I appreciate every comment and reply this post is geared towards players that plan on buying a mansion. Expect to pay tens of millions.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

lololo

Post by solar »

This system supports either directly/indirectly joint mansion-purchases? (And no, Dracu, I didn't mean that by a 'joint', but have one anyway!) I guess it means that one player will have the ownership, and the other players just a mere access (much like private channels?)

Are they strictly mansions (manor houses), or can they be towers, dark cellars, or even castles? I mean, a question of visual appearance? Code-wise it wouldn't really matter, just a matter of room exits, likely.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Re: lololo

Post by apog »

solar wrote:This system supports either directly/indirectly joint mansion-purchases? (And no, Dracu, I didn't mean that by a 'joint', but have one anyway!) I guess it means that one player will have the ownership, and the other players just a mere access (much like private channels?)
Moraq confirmed on ice that this would be possible via renting rooms to other players (or possibly via as-yet-introduced warded items)
moraq

Re: lololo

Post by moraq »

solar wrote: Are they strictly mansions (manor houses), or can they be towers, dark cellars, or even castles?
You can write your own descs and make it out to be a circus for what I care. But only the standard exits are available. I really have no intention of changing it, it'd break the mansion map and I don't want to moderate stupid exits.

The mansions should work completely automagically, and at the moment they do. I won't (most likely) add anything that would require wizard maintenance since I'm lazy, and doubt anyone else wants to fiddle with things all the time either.

Yeah, "joint" purchase as in someone buys it and buys another key for the other.