Dracun

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Dracun

Post by Guest »

i have an idea about a different race, the Dracu, basically small dragons, smaller then the b'rogh. they are like the spell weavers in that they are from another plane. i think that they would be the ideal ones to rebuild that city, underground. give them a breath weapon that they can use at level 20 and make it so the player can choose whether to be good, neutral, or evil with a different type of breath weapon from the choice. :twisted: give the weapon a 10 real time downtime to make it more fair. then create a guild that coresponds to them, make it so everyone can join it as a subguild but make it required for them to learn to use their natural abilities, such as flying or an ability to see in any invironment. this possible race has enormous potential for abuse, but i would like to see an attempt. thanks

Post by Guest »

i forgot something, they would have very good charisma. it would be really funny to see a creature that is like a dragon playing a harp and dancing.
another thing is natural armour with the possibility of adding permanant armour by forging some metal on. in that situation you would want the best you could get, and as it would be permanant, you would want to wait. or i would.

Post by Guest »

once again i need to add something, i just made up that name and would welcome any ideas for a race in here.
cromin
Supporting Member 2008

Post by cromin »

Sounds like draconians that appear in DragonLance saga.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

... and in Age of Wonders etc.
But if this is ever going to be made, id think the 'make your own skin harder with metal plates' is a good idea.
Remember 'The Hobbit, there and back again'? In the story the great dragon used to sleep ontop of its loot, so eventually some of it would get stuck on its skin forming a sort of a armor consisting of gold, jewels and other piecec of treasure. So why not make it also similar to that. Every time the 'draconian' would find such trasure (jewels or other rare materials, and maybe also metal plates) they could use some racial skill the attach it to their skin- thus maybe hurting themselves in the process alot (you know cutting into the skin etc) and alos losing the money other players would get for selling such stuff. This valuable covering would also be the only armour they could wear and it would take a lot of expencive stuff to cover the the body (and a LOT to make it affective as a armour).
Also possible would be a random chance for mobs to damage the armour making some of the valuables fall off/break/be pushed too deep causiong severe injury (nothing like a sharp diamond stuck in your hind parts). :D
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

About the breath weapon...
In my opinion it would not have to be really powerful, but it should get better with levels (similar to the eye of the beholders). Also it would be nice if it would not just be a 'flint&steel-and-stomachwind'. Meaning it should not be just a small dart of fire, more like 'napalm spit'- it would not do much damage as it hits (almost impossible to breathe so hard it hurts, anybody else than you), but more damage while it burns. Normal humans breath contains a lot of water (breathe on a cold glas surface, and there you go!), so draconian breath would contain also some fluid, only that would be falmamble- so what im trying to say is dragonbreath should be able to set things afire, for a short time (the 'spit' gets stuck on things and burns there a bit, until it burns out)...
Just and idea, see what you make of it :)

Post by Guest »

i specifically avoided the use of the word draconian, they are a race of corrupted dragons, what i was thinking was a small dragon, about the size of a troll. and with the breath weapon, i was thinking about fire, acid, and ice, maybe some poison. but i agree about the slow damage, like wounding but worse. anybody have a better, and original name for them?
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

how about "Friggin-big-lizards-with-big-scales-'nstuff" ?
krhm.
how about Hemocryte? :D
if they had all those advantages, they should have disadvantages too. make them cold-blooded. in the snow they slow down, ie. have less combat points, but can spen time near a fire to warm up, and speed up more. the more time spent, the faster they'd get. kinda like with monks and meditation, but with speed. And since icesus is a valley of ice, they should cool down pretty quickly. and they should have poor vision. and ugly as hell.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I think the cold-blood thing is a exelent idea. But i dont know about the bad vision: See although reptiles are almost blind(most only see moving things), they have a great sense of vibration, some even have heatsensitive organs, making them see the bodyheat of their prey and feel the motion their prey makes. So if you make a reptile blind the logical thing would be- make it blind to anything thats not alive. In poor light they cant see their enviorment, neither can they see if there is any loot on the ground, but they can see if there is a monster in the room.
Also if the reptile would spit fire, it would be like a 'bat singing'- spitting fire would render the heatsensitive organs useless for a while- too much heat to tell living being from the flames.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i think they should have very high charisma, or an ability to increase charisma for the creature they are looking at. it would be like a serpent looking into the eyes of prey, they aren't going to go anywhere and who knows, maybe the prey at this moment thinks that the serpent is the best looking thing it has ever seen.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

they could train their eyesight to get to the point that they could see inamate objects a lot easier
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Hypnotic eyes would be another bonus, and lets face it, they have alot of them: firebraeath, jewel-armor (ok so the armour might suck at first, but after spending a couple of MIL on it, it get too good- of course i have never seen a mil in my entire career, so...). but only a few snakes in nature have hypnotic gaze and i cant think of any lizards that do. And our race would be a race of big-firespitting-Lizards.

So lets just stick to the firebreath, self crafted armour (unable to wear any onther armour), and poor eyesight (But always able to see 'livings'- not undeads).
And maybe they should get a background bonus to 'camuflage' skill - ever tried to spot a lizard on a rock- they are virtually invisible.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i they see in the infrared, they would be able to see the undead. they would be colder then normal air, so the character would be able to tell there is something there.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

khade wrote:i they see in the infrared, they would be able to see the undead. they would be colder then normal air, so the character would be able to tell there is something there.
why would the undead be colder than normal air? i dont get it...
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Dracun

Post by janeti »

Any intelligent tool using race would need reasonable sight, or they couldn't use tools. So if they have bad sight they can't use tools, so they won't have hands suitable for manipulation. So they won't be able to use weapons, or learn any skill requiring manipulation, like camping, mixing, first aid... most skills actually. So I doubt that they would be able to join any guilds, since they all seem to have some required skills that need hands, except maybe monks (I never played a mage or priest so I don't know about them). So unless you want a mage with excellent combat ability or a monk with heavy armour they'd need their own guild. Or you could go the easier route and assume that they have hands, can use tools and weapons and have got reasonable sight.