Party exp

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

blaze

Party exp

Post by blaze »

Currently the party experience is shared even between all party members right, the amount per kill. I was wondering if an exp bonus for parties would be a good idea. For example, if there is a party of two they get the exp*1.5 for the kill and that is distributed among the party. So if there is a party of 3 it is exp*2.0 and that is distributed. For 3 is 2.5, for 4 its, 3.0 and so on. What do you think of this idea? ( it is likely to get more high level people into a party.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

High level people already do quite fine with parties. The point of parties is for the 'natural' exp-bonus that comes from guild-guild interaction; healers can't melee very well, templars can't heal themselves, archers can't shoot from the front row. Together, they are more than just individuals. In addition, for blasters it is theoretically more efficient to kill a few large monsters than several small monsters. Party leaders get bonus exp as well.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: Party exp

Post by yoz »

blaze wrote:Currently the party experience is shared even between all party members right, the amount per kill. I was wondering if an exp bonus for parties would be a good idea. For example, if there is a party of two they get the exp*1.5 for the kill and that is distributed among the party. So if there is a party of 3 it is exp*2.0 and that is distributed. For 3 is 2.5, for 4 its, 3.0 and so on. What do you think of this idea? ( it is likely to get more high level people into a party.

a No

This would not make any sense.

Exp increase is not needed
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

That would be a nice idea, but not that high multiplier. If it was a party with 2 the multiplier would be 1.2, and increase with 0.1 with every player character only, not pets. That way you get an aditional incentive to partying and the multiplier isnt that big.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

exp must be earned. and getting exp is easy enough. if someone wants more exp he/she must kill more instead of making such weird ideas
solar
Supporting Member 2020

this is how I would do it

Post by solar »

This is undirectly related to my musings on Bel's wizard-warpath thread where I tried to touch the subject of not having enough expmobs for multiple parties, or rather that the partyrate goes to shit for exping parties that have lots of members if they don't manage to find enough mobs to kill.

So my suggestion would be the following: 5% more for each member in 5-man party, 6% for a 6man, och så vidare. Could be lifted higher, if deemed necessary. The bonus could also be directed at race-specific exprates (mold men would not have their high exprate benefit more from this tune as some of their retarded fellow races), or just party shares, where low-share players would get the most benefit and the ratehogs less.

This isn't really a substantial bonus, but it would make it more feasible to drag around that dead weight (allegedly backrow dudes other than that one healer that follows the offtank grinders), but this may also be a tune that would make it sensible to have very low-lvl chars with highbies if that multiperson expbonus would more than compensate for the newbie leeching!

Icesus is Icesus, I know, but I'd like to mention that RO has a another pro-party system which increases mob xpvalues by 10% for each playerchar who damages them during the mobs usually short lifespan and that game also requires, although depending on circumstances, the players to travel around for a varying length of time before they find another mob to kill, but yeah, maybe the gamemechanics (room based with party follow vs square based with no follow) are just too different to really build a case.

Ours to brainstorm, Wizards' to (not) implement.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.