New Mage sub-Guild

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

blaze

New Mage sub-Guild

Post by blaze »

New, so i don't know if they a similar sub guild like this one. Basically, the guild would be know as the fighting mage. The primary skill, for this guild is the basic offensive magic (defensive as well if its not too overpowered), and the ability to cast spell while wielding weapons ( such as swords, spears, staffs, etc) Also this guild could use some close range weapon skills. This seems like an overpowered guild. I know so some restrictions should be placed on this, you can tell me what they could be if guild was created.
Last edited by blaze on Wed Feb 06, 2008 23:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

There are already melee infecti, who can use offensive infecti disciplines, have defensive infecti stuffs, and can use weapons quite nicely. There are restrictions on them though, it seems to require being good at the game already to be able to not suck at everything they can do.

Air priests can heal themselves and others with magic.
blaze

Post by blaze »

I mean classes other than priests. Wouldn't it be better if weapons can be incorporated into spells? Mind attack and some other things might be what the infecti can do. But elemental magic would be something completely different and better.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

errr.
no

Try something bit more original with less retarded name.
blaze

Post by blaze »

To bump it up, there should be a sub-guild for mages which allow them to learn some melee bare hand skills like the ones that monks have.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

mages

Post by solar »

blaze wrote:To bump it up, there should be a sub-guild for mages which allow them to learn some melee bare hand skills like the ones that monks have.
They can learn melee skills after lvl 50 by joining a combat-oriented secondary guild, such as Militia. Martial arts cannot be acquired via a secondary guild, though. But mages aren't really suited for close combat, or rather they blast harder than they can melee, so why bother?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
goderic

Post by goderic »

Mages are built to blast foes at a range. They're all about dealing damage, but have all the defensive value of a sheet of tissue paper. It'd be totally out of the mages' theme to have them any good at melee at all. That said, you have given me an idea... perhaps a spell to buff the weapon only. Useless to the mage himself, as he has trouble meleeing a kobold - but with party value? Mages have one or two 'buffs' already, mainly defensive in nature to help them survive all alone. Something that gives their buddies some help might have some value.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

goderic wrote:Mages are built to blast foes at a range. They're all about dealing damage, but have all the defensive value of a sheet of tissue paper. It'd be totally out of the mages' theme to have them any good at melee at all. That said, you have given me an idea... perhaps a spell to buff the weapon only. Useless to the mage himself, as he has trouble meleeing a kobold - but with party value? Mages have one or two 'buffs' already, mainly defensive in nature to help them survive all alone. Something that gives their buddies some help might have some value.
Thats stepping into Templar territory
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

vadun wrote:
goderic wrote:Mages are built to blast foes at a range. They're all about dealing damage, but have all the defensive value of a sheet of tissue paper. It'd be totally out of the mages' theme to have them any good at melee at all. That said, you have given me an idea... perhaps a spell to buff the weapon only. Useless to the mage himself, as he has trouble meleeing a kobold - but with party value? Mages have one or two 'buffs' already, mainly defensive in nature to help them survive all alone. Something that gives their buddies some help might have some value.
Thats stepping into Templar territory

Bullshit.

Prots/buffs alongside with debuffs/curses play a way too little part in this game compared to what it should be. Most of the eqclasses/caster should imho have some useful debuffs or buffs to go along with their damage making/healing abilities to make the playing bit more interesting. Afterall, templars only prot from elements and some crappy general protection.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

He wasn't talking about giving mages a party defensive buff though. He was talking about giving them another way to buff other peoples weapons.

Templars seem to do it pretty well already, Wilder shamans can sacrifice their stats for a boost to someone elses.. and can enhance items (Not sure if its just theirs or others).

Yes, i'd love more party diversity, and making buffs more a part of the game is certainly the way to do it. I'm just saying i think Templars have offensive weapon buffs pretty well covered.
blaze

Post by blaze »

a solo defensive buff physical protection for mages would be great, or would that make mages too powerful?
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

Blaze is a level 13 elf.
He was last on Wed Jan 30 08:00:16 2008 (2w 13h 49m 7s ago).
He is 23 hours 19 minutes 52 seconds old.
Best kills: Black Pudding, 6610 exp (party of 2)
Black Pudding, 6610 exp
He has no unread mail.
He has no plan.

Stay a bit longer and learn the game. No offence, but you will look at things slightly differently then.
blaze

Post by blaze »

thats my frozen account, i have another account on icesus, an i have been playing with that accout for a total of 3 days old
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

blaze wrote:thats my frozen account, i have another account on icesus, an i have been playing with that accout for a total of 3 days old
a.) Having multiple characters is illegal, only exception being the official secondary characters(tM). Having multiple characters might end up in all of your characters being removed.

b.) Woah. Total of 3 days old. Forgive us for being so insolent, you must know a lot about everything then. You must be like level 20 already.

a hint: The forum accounts use a name for a reason. Try to activate yourself a forum account that uses your REAL characters name.

As hors said, please play the game for a while and you might eventually see things in real perspective. If some class lacks something it usually lacks it for a reason.