Shadowdancers + fleeing

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

iluth

Shadowdancers + fleeing

Post by iluth »

Putting a new thread up so as to not derail Bel's thread over in the general forum.
sololar wrote: I remember shadowdancers losing their precious controlled retreat when their guild structure got tuned. Maybe someone could make it so that they would have a way to flee better as long as they are solo? Something related to either a shadow strike attack mode, or uncanny adroitness instahurling powders. They really don't have that much in the way of hpmax, and any larger mobs hit them pretty hard if their flee drags on.
Just like to add some meat for the bones of that idea. A non passive skill (on long cooldown since it is so exhausting to pull off) Called tumbling or acrobatics, which would instaflee, but only work indoors, paths and plains. Skill cannot be used while stunned, and also picks a random exit for you.

The idea behind the skill is that indoors you would be using the environment to help you escape, climbing and jumping over obstacles, or pulling them behind you to hinder your opponent from chasing you. And in plains and open environments you would just try to outrun your opponent.

Some of the nifty escape messages:

"You shove %1 backwards over a chair/obstacle/whatever and bolt for the nearest exit."

"You dive forwards under a hit from %1 and keep moving, not stopping until you reach the nearest exit"

"Adrenaline coursing through your veins, you break from combat in full sprint, leaving %1 far behind you.
Last edited by iluth on Fri Feb 01, 2008 18:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iluth

Re: Shadowdancers + fleeing

Post by iluth »

edit
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Yeah, that would work nicely too.

But seeing how the guild is called shadowdancers, my impression would be that they would manipulate nearby shadows to momentarily blind their target, thus concealing their hasty exit.

This would, of course, mean that using this fleeing technique would have a positive impact on their masteries, which is always a welcome addition - especially now that shadow merging has become a party-only mastery, and that mastery sounds like it would be directly related to this kind of fleeing, in addition to essence of darkness.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
iluth

Post by iluth »

solar wrote: This would, of course, mean that using this fleeing technique would have a positive impact on their masteries, which is always a welcome addition - especially now that shadow merging has become a party-only mastery, and that mastery sounds like it would be directly related to this kind of fleeing, in addition to essence of darkness.
Hmm true, having a use for shadowmerging mastery solo would be really nice.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

So these shadowdancers' magical darkness-style fleeing wouldn't work at all against dark elves, mold men, chitines etc? :twisted:
solar
Supporting Member 2020

haha I am using the Internet

Post by solar »

klarh wrote:So these shadowdancers' magical darkness-style fleeing wouldn't work at all against dark elves, mold men, chitines etc? :twisted:
Oh shit, didn't think of that! No wait, maybe it is magical enough to work on them too! Yes, that must be it! :D
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
drakken

Post by drakken »

I posted this using the idea command not so long ago, and I don't know if the wizards check idea anymore, so just in case, I figured I would post my idea here:

The idea is to be able to make smoke bombs with mix poison abilities. Using some powdery herbs and mushrooms or newts eyes,
The smokebombs would work with the same timer that the instant throw daggers does.
For example, if you throw a dagger instantly, you have to wait so long before you can throw another like that.
If you throw a dagger, you wont be able to throw a smokebomb until your uncanny adroitness skill time passes.
What the smokebomb does is makes a cloud of smoke in the room and then you can flee instantly.
You would of course have to make this with your mix poison abilities and again, you wouldnt be able to use it if you instantly threw a dagger recently.
As a cool effect, the smoke could last for a few seconds, and anyone looking in the room would just see the smoke until it cleared.
It would be a new neat fun little thing.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Smokebombs are nice too. I guess the wizards knew what they were doing when controlled retreat was removed, but tanks made of paper like dancers should have at least something to give them survivability from dangerous situations.