Shadowdancer weapon modifications

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

drakken

Shadowdancer weapon modifications

Post by drakken »

With the creation of new weapons appearing into the game, such as scarlet spike and frozen sliver, it would appear the
original weapon modification of the shadowdancer guild weapon could use a little boost.
I would like to suggest adding a modification where players can buy a modification for their guild item that allows there weapon
to do extra damage to a certain race. For example, they could modify the shadowpiercer to do extra damage to ogres or goblins or trolls or something.
There is a wide variety of races and or monsters to select from to provide an adequate number of choices while still maintaining balance.
If it is not to difficult to add the code, it could be a really fun addition.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

What about a modification that limits the number of other weapons you could use? A massive boost, but only the one dagger/sword would be wieldable
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

drakken wrote:With the creation of new weapons appearing into the game, such as scarlet spike and frozen sliver, it would appear the
original weapon modification of the shadowdancer guild weapon could use a little boost.
I would like to suggest adding a modification where players can buy a modification for their guild item that allows there weapon
to do extra damage to a certain race. For example, they could modify the shadowpiercer to do extra damage to ogres or goblins or trolls or something.
There is a wide variety of races and or monsters to select from to provide an adequate number of choices while still maintaining balance.
If it is not to difficult to add the code, it could be a really fun addition.
Or just allow them to upgrade them to for example shortswords when they reach enouch devotion.

New upgradelevels for weapontype regarding the level of devotion you have.

I personally hate ideas that include "slay xyz" race
moraq

Post by moraq »

Shadowdancer guild weapon isn't supposed to be the best piercing weapon in the game. While making the upgrade process more meaningful (at the moment the difference between a standard and a great quality adamantium dagger is not that big) is very possible, special features such as 'slay x race' won't appear on the guild dagger.
Last edited by moraq on Sat Feb 09, 2008 00:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

about this and that

Post by solar »

moraq wrote:Shadowdancer guild weapon isn't supposed to be the best piercing weapon in the game. While making the upgrade process more meaningful (at the moment the difference between a standard and a great quality adamantium dagger is not that big) is very possible.
... standard dagger being the poorQ iron?

I'd just link it to devotion, and make it cost money, which could be paid in 250k blocks if necessary. Two problems solved: It would take some dedication to make it lollingly good, and also take some money out from the game.

Personally I'd like to see sd_weapon stats somewhat more unique to each player, and not have all of them evolve through the same path. Have some more player choices regarding magical abilities: Like after certain milestones in devotion (title colour changes?), the player could choose between like 2-8 different advancements to it, one of which could be weapon size upgrade. (And possibly make secondary guilds also have impact on what options will be available, although most will have chosen coven or requiem)

It is a bit of work, that much is evident, but complex system that works is usually more entertaining than simple solutions.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.