Grand Story

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

blaze

Grand Story

Post by blaze »

This came to me suddenly in my dreams, so i ll say these ideas as a chain of thought might make sense might not.

Basically, by the idea of a grand plot is a major story line in Icesus that players can take part in. Might be an event that happens daily, or on certain days of the week. For example, the elements progress in the pattern magic>>fire>>...etc so on the days that the change happens an automated even occurs, a war between the current element and the proceeding element, at a special area on the map, during this battle, the NPC of a certain element might participate as well. if the current element group wins, the bonuses are extended for another day before it happens again.

That is only one of the possibilities of a grand plot. But others might include a journey, to a certain place to "save the world" for example, the final outcome of that journey, win or lose, will affect everyone and everything in Icesus. (e.g "bad" players gets bonus and NPCs all become aggressive when the group fails the quest, complete the quest and something good happens)
This quest/mission would likely to involve everyone good or bad, and the final result of the quest will determine who would get the benefits. For instance, assume that a group of players becomes part of the grand quest, they would choose which side they want to be with, the good or the bad, and would be given a temporary status (e.g colored names,stat bonuses, etc) The quest begins on a certain day of the week or month. The bad people will be on one side and the good people will be on the other.

The quest ends when the good players defeat all the bad players once (player killing maybe involved), defeats all the npcs including the king in the dark castle (for example), or the bad players defeats all the good players, and defeats all the npcs in the temple of justice (for example, you can come up with better names of course). The winner will get to keep the bonus they're given ( depending on which side they're on) some rare equipments, while the losers would get some exp and gold for participating. (player killing will not cause a person to lose any items or exp)

This is just one idea. Feel free to comment and/or add more.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

So basically "More events"?
blaze

Post by blaze »

events that run automatically in the background of Icesus, without the wizards having to host one every now and then. One that would happen daily at certain times. And leaves a permanent impression in Icesus.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

Put more than 5 minutes of thought into your next "grand" idea before posting it on the forums.

Doesn't fit the theme of icesus at all, and would just be a boring shitfest.
ginjeet
Wizard

Post by ginjeet »

Enough with the idea bashing, Vadun.

Something like this is already in the works and the idea of "grand plot" has been tossed around for quite a while. Of course there's a lot of other stuff taking the priority right now.
goderic

Post by goderic »

blaze wrote:events that run automatically in the background of Icesus, without the wizards having to host one every now and then. One that would happen daily at certain times. And leaves a permanent impression in Icesus.
I think you've got half of a good idea there. How often do we all see 'event' on the wanted channel? If Icesus sporadically generated a random (perhaps event every couple of hours), would folks enjoy the game more? Perhaps, perhaps not. Worth exploring though.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

regarding manpower

Post by solar »

ginjeet wrote:Something like this is already in the works and the idea of "grand plot" has been tossed around for quite a while. Of course there's a lot of other stuff taking the priority right now.
I think that this kind of grand plot would become more probable if the mud had enough (dedicated) manpower to handle it to a sufficient degree.

What do we have now... 4+something active wizards?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I don't think I would enjoy having a critical to the continuation of the world quest going on every week. Sounds too much like a very badly run tabletop RPG or WOW.

With a bit of work, it might work out. Might also be fun to have a quest being run by a Wizard for a small group of players, like a D&D game, but that would be the prerogative of the Wizards.