Guild equipment rentals

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

blaze

Guild equipment rentals

Post by blaze »

Guild is complete if it provides substantial assistance to its followers. Therefore, one possible suggestion is that there will be compartments in the guild where a member of the guild could borrow and use special equipment. I have no idea how it would work, or how helpful it will be, nonetheless it would be helpful.
cadus

Post by cadus »

*Regular Joe Newbie borrows out an avian blade from the Vaerlon Arms & Equipment library*

*he returns it late by 3.413 seconds and Grurg slaps on a 1m overdue fine*

*Newbie cannot pay, so all his money and eq is confiscated and is made pk-able by all Vaerlon citizens*

:twisted:

Aside from the bleak vignette, it's an interesting idea to help out newbies who may have a difficult time obtaining eq early on. It might have a negative effect on the supply/demand of the eq market, though. Too much handholding (my definition of your 'substantial assistance') is also bad.

If you have no idea how helpful it can be, how do you know it would be helpful at all? :(
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

blaze just wants icesus to resemble games he used to play before.... and to be able to solo CD at level 10.
not gonna happen

that said - where the hell are donation boxes btw?
goderic

Post by goderic »

I'm sure there was a donation box at the rangers whin i was last there, but that was quite some time ago. Still, it souldn't take newbies long to figure out that they don't have to travel far to find lots of gear dropped, and even huge piles of silver, from highbies that don't care for such bulky waste.
blaze

Post by blaze »

Not new, its just that guild members and guilds rarely have any interaction between each other. Basically, one just registers for the guild and do everything else on their own; the guild members doesn't do anything at all; and I rarely see the mage channel used

Is that the definition of a guild?
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

I suppose all the donation boxes got squashed along with huts.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Yep they went that way. But maybe we can use 'em again, now our long suffering Misrobo is more active.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

regarding donation xoboxes

Post by solar »

iluth wrote:Yep they went that way. But maybe we can use 'em again, now our long suffering Misrobo is more active.
They are still being sold in Atherton's general store, and should work, if you're feeling really, really, altruistic, that is.

And weren't they Belannaer's code, or am I wrong? :o
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.