Idea: Sign of devotion

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khazadhum

Idea: Sign of devotion

Post by khazadhum »

Once you have started worshipping an element you should get something similar to your guild device that represents your element. This device will allow you to sacrifice objects from anywhere gaining you 75% of value instead of the full 100%.

please discuss, no flames please
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

Earth priests already have a spell that produces an altar that allows one to sacrifice items (and it also has the side effect of counting as an altar for minion upkeep).

Other guilds have asked for this as well. At least Atherton and Vaerlon have temples that anyone can sacrifice at. Discs and carts can also be an appealing alternative.

This isn't a post to say your idea is bad, just to let you know what is out there currently to help fill a simliar niche.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Last time I checked, Atherton didn't have an altar at the fire temple, if that is where you were talking about. If you were talking about a temple of the elements, then there is also one fairly close to Graemor.
goderic

Re: Idea: Sign of devotion

Post by goderic »

khazadhum wrote:Once you have started worshipping an element you should get something similar to your guild device that represents your element. This device will allow you to sacrifice objects from anywhere gaining you 75% of value instead of the full 100%.

please discuss, no flames please
An elemental special sounds pretty sweet, but i'm not sure about it being an 'altar-lite'. Perhaps a skill or spell whisch represents your patron element's abilities in some way, possibly only usable in your element's phase, or notably better in-phase? I'm a big fan of the whole elemental theme of Icesus, and would love to see it developed further still. I have ideas of Earth and air being hostile to one another, as fire and water would also be. Elemental quests (for all, not just priests). More uses for DF. Elemental summoning. Am I getting to carried away here?
khazadhum

Post by khazadhum »

I like the elemental theme as well. I guess what I was really trying for was a way to get rid of all those hearts without dragging my sorry self all the way back to an altar.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

khade wrote:Last time I checked, Atherton didn't have an altar at the fire temple, if that is where you were talking about. If you were talking about a temple of the elements, then there is also one fairly close to Graemor.
They have an all elements temple in the SW corner.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Being able to teleport to elementally important locations for xxx pdfs (like the whatchamacallit scrolls) would be one idea. Or, how about making command "pray" actually do something for the devoted?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.