Idea: adjust command for floating disc

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khazadhum

Idea: adjust command for floating disc

Post by khazadhum »

allow:

drag all disc

instead of having to drag item disc over and over and over
osma

Post by osma »

get all to disc
khazadhum

Post by khazadhum »

okay so there is a command to do what I wanted...this should be put into the spell description then

but osma tells me to see help item handling so I guess I just didn't search the help files well enough
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Floating disc works just like any other container... It just isn't inside your inventory.
dwo

Another disc idea

Post by dwo »

I think someone else should be abel to replenish your floatin disc and if somone else would do that it would become larger. But it could be limited to 2xdurability.
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Or, two people could combine Floating Discs and then it acts as a shared container which holds more.

Floating Disc should also be able to grant floating status for smaller races who are light enough to be carried on the disc. :) Disc surfing!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

floating disc

Post by xerene »

I would like to have durations based on the spell %. Say your % is low, then the disc only lasts a short while where someone with 100% spell could create a disc lasting several hours or the entire boot.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

floating disc

Post by xerene »

I would like to have durations based on the spell %. Say your % is low, then the disc only lasts a short while where someone with 100% spell could create a disc lasting several hours or the entire boot.
allanon

Post by allanon »

I thought that already happened...low skill% gives a hard to cast and short lasting disc. Having one last for hours or whole boot seems only marginally useful, since unless you are constantly moving around (train parties) it is little hassle to cast every once in a while. Success rate is also really high compared to most spell anyways.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Pfft!

Post by xerene »

That's not the answer I was hoping for ;op I just hate being near fully regened and my disc starts wavering and I end up having to recast and regen all over again. It is very frustrating and irritating to me.
dwo

Post by dwo »

Disc doesent need very much sp...and if you cast it twice it seems to last for a lot longer...I think that the time that disc stays is just fine...its just wayyy to small
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

dwo wrote:Disc doesent need very much sp...and if you cast it twice it seems to last for a lot longer...I think that the time that disc stays is just fine...its just wayyy to small

to be honest, disc uses shitloads sp and has to be recasted all the time. And this is from highbie perspective. Too expensive/awkward spell.

Would love to have a possibility to actually keep disc maintained with small extra sprain
goderic

Post by goderic »

I'd like the ability to combine 'large' with floating disc, creating a disc that costs more and takes longer to cast, but has a higher capacity and duration.
suron

Post by suron »

Remember people that this spell is a cantrip and is not meant to be used hauling around your precious loot for hours and hours at end. If you want a wagon to move your loot, buy a wagon. The disc works just fine the way it is, enabling you to carry out stuff beyond your carrying capacity back to town or your wagon.

Having a "better" or more "efficient" spell to handle numerous items and weight would fall into chronomancer territory with "portable hole" idea which would open up an exit to a room (unique to player) where you can store stuff temporarily (doesnt save on boot).
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

Remember people that this spell is a cantrip and is not meant to be used hauling around your precious loot for hours and hours at end. If you want a wagon to move your loot, buy a wagon. The disc works just fine the way it is, enabling you to carry out stuff beyond your carrying capacity back to town or your wagon.
Disc is definitly ment for hauling around your precious loot for hours. Its the only way for caster races to haul anything around at all.

For me it seems disc is a way to equal the caster races and melee races in terms of carrying capabilities.
If this is the case, disc needs definitly some uptune.

Strong races can carry way more weigth than fits on a disc. This they can do without spending exp/cash for the disc spell. Its true that off-melee races suffer from carrying too much stuff but at least they have the possibility to do so, while a caster can't carry more then fits on the disc. (I am a gnome =P) This is especially true for selling trash, which is a pain in the ass for you can't even, easily, define automatic-way-sell scripts, because of the disc delay (The disc delay sometimes is a pain anyways but i wouldn't want this to be removed).

It is pretty expensive sp wise (5% for me) and since sp is the only way for pure castertypes to do damage its even more a pain in the ass. For a melee race its like loosing hp for carrying around stuff. (This equation is true because a caster has to flee when he runs out of sp).

I would say disc capabilities and duration should be dependant on stats like intelligence/wisdom. Yoz's solution of sp drain is nice too.
Having a "better" or more "efficient" spell to handle numerous items and weight would fall into chronomancer territory with "portable hole" idea which would open up an exit to a room (unique to player) where you can store stuff temporarily (doesnt save on boot).
No idea about that but as long as nothing like this exists disc is the ONLY way for casters to carry their loot.