Bring Back Fortune Command

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

allanon

Bring Back Fortune Command

Post by allanon »

Hey! Whatever happened to the ultimate regen tool? I really miss this feature. Other than just for idling away regen ticks, sometimes I would simply log on and use Fortune over and over. There's lots of good and funny stuff. I dunno why it was taken out, or when...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
torvus

Post by torvus »

The fortune teller says:
"In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved."
-- Butler

Seems to be working..
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

You consult the Oracle which responds: Yes, you could use some time in the nether plane.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
allanon

Post by allanon »

...Oh. Well, this is still a good thing, because it means I have found yet another bug on my character. Sigh.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

allanon wrote:...Oh. Well, this is still a good thing, because it means I have found yet another bug on my character. Sigh.
Yeah, the fortune command just does not work on you! Or maybe you are doing something wrong!
torvus

Post by torvus »

Perhaps... unalias fortune?
allanon

Post by allanon »

yoz wrote:
allanon wrote:...Oh. Well, this is still a good thing, because it means I have found yet another bug on my character. Sigh.
Yeah, the fortune command just does not work on you! Or maybe you are doing something wrong!
Coming back from long absence breaks things, including fortune command. Or tell me that having all eq resized, unmarked, and taking 11 levels in a 7 (formerly 10) level sub is not signs of abnormal bugging.

@Torvus - I may be a newbie but not a nOOb. >.>