need smallish tune to Lightning special

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

allanon

need smallish tune to Lightning special

Post by allanon »

Code: Select all

You draw a long line in the air and release a magical arrow!
An arrow of lightning and magic hits Porcupine directly in its backtorso.
Porcupine gets STUNNED from massive pain.
The flowing magical energy of the spell forms a sphere of lightning on the sky,
above the Porcupine.
The lightning on the sky forms a blue bolt of electricity, striking Pash,
Wolf, Beregor, Porcupine, Bobcat, Sheep and Coloth.
Pash gets STUNNED from massive pain.
Pash looks better as his head stops spinning.
Pash has died.
Pash's soul leaves the body.
<-- Bad!

It's nice when you're trying to kill monsters or perhaps other players in the Gladiator tourney, especially since the monsters won't turn aggro on you. But I think it is not fair to innocent bystander players to get killed by this special. If I want to kill animal at the southcamp, and there just happen to be people idling there, I shouldn't have to worry about pkills...I mean, no one would ever cast an area spell there either.

To fix this, special should be made so that it only hits mobs, not players, or at least not idle ones. (though weaker chars may still die in one hit...) Alternatively, special should end when mage leaves the room or types a command or such, so that should such an accident occur it could be stopped before anyone dies.[/code]
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
dwo

Post by dwo »

Eww..Nasty bug or something its ment to be, dunno! That realy should be fixed not nice for newbies who die easily or someone who is in realy bad shape :E
I rule u suck! thats how its ment to be.
goderic

Post by goderic »

You shot Coloth? :shock:
Did you survive?
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

I find that terribly funny :D

It should be left as it is!
allanon

Post by allanon »

Mobs don't aggro, so I was perfectly safe. Sadly, Coloth was unharmed. -.-

I'd also like to note another problem: you can pick up the lightning special with "get all" and move it to another room! Major hax!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

Post by eysenc »

yeah that's so wrong..coloth should have gone agro on you too! then it would been perfect.
iluth

Post by iluth »

klarh wrote:I find that terribly funny :D

It should be left as it is!
/agree

Plus, if you know about that special it's kinda irresponsible to risk killing other players just so you can down a 1k porcupine? If I had some skill which made me randomly attack everyone in the room I surely wouldn't use it at scamp.
allanon

Post by allanon »

iluth wrote: Plus, if you know about that special it's kinda irresponsible to risk killing other players just so you can down a 1k porcupine? If I had some skill which made me randomly attack everyone in the room I surely wouldn't use it at scamp.
No shit?

I didn't know the special did that (or didn't remember, probably have done it in past), otherwise I would not have risked it. Even if it doesn't give pkill nethers. And even with decent mastery percent (60) it is still quite rare, rarer than swarms even. Still, I don't think it was intended to work that way.

The good news is that by picking it up and moving somewhere else, if you're quick, you can prevent player deaths. But, that is abusing a bug, so it's technically illegal anyways. -.-
midrien

Post by midrien »

Its more fun to just use a wilders charge into that room anyhow.

You're pretty much guaranteed to hit Coloth, and then you can count how many strikes it takes for you to die