Tweak to survivalists

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

goderic

Tweak to survivalists

Post by goderic »

At the moment, survivalists are almost universally shunned (although this may change a bit after conversion). The reason os pretty obvious - they don't offer many skills that can't be gained by LBD. I was thinking about how the guild could be made more appealing, without changing it too radically.
It seems that it would be in keeping with the 'survival' idea to teach a few skills like concentrated defence, dodge and that skill that helps you flee combat faster (name escapes me). Skills that - whilst not making you any more agressive - would help keep a player alive if they found themselves in over their head! This would make the guild more viable, especially to non-melee players, without stealing much thunder from the army etc.
What do you think?
torvus

Post by torvus »

Increased Flee speed would definately be a viable reason for taking the guild, part of the reason healers don't make for good party leaders is that if fighting a hard hitting mob and you run and get a bad time, the mob has a few seconds in which you can't heal to beat the crap out of your party members.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

unite all guilds, i.e. merge survival with hunters/fishers. make it like 3-4 levels.