New PDF blessings

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

midrien

New PDF blessings

Post by midrien »

I have a lot of disposable income, and was looking to donate to Icesus since I spend so much time on it. But it got me thinking, why not get something nifty/useful in return?

Might even get others to donate if you can think of more special blessings that dont necessarily help in combat, but are still useful to have.

I thought of two myself.

One would keep your items from losing their glow, I mean I even see some highbies running around with subtle glows on their equipment. Laziness mostly, and its not like it make your overpowered in combat. Maybe 50 PDF for this one?

The other would double the time you have to input combat momentums. I know we have something like 7 seconds already, but i personally miss about 50% of mine due to my terrible internet connection. 200 PDF sounds somewhat reasonable I guess, and it would allow me to pick up both if I decided to donate
nihil
Supporting Member 2007

Post by nihil »

I have my doubts about the losing glow one, it's nice in theory but it would remove a small but "vital" way for money to exit the monetary system we have.
phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

Post by phadreous »

I like the extended time for combat momentums. As a healer it wouldn't be much change for me. I have played with them a bit with my sec and do miss a few.

Some of my own. Likely a few are outlandish, but hey, they are just ideas.

Buff extender? Nothing drastic but like 10% might be worth some pdf without throwing things out of balance.

lbd bonus? would likely take alot of pdf, maybe fill that void in the 750 region. Minmaxer's dream.

Long arms? Increases the volume one could carry. Would be so small a large race wouldn't notice, but might be worth it to the smaller ones. No change in combat.

Long legs? Reduced movement endurance point cost in all terrain. No change in combat.

Hear me through on this one! Luck, not something that changes everything, just like a ring of luck without taking a slot. Random tiny money finds and missed hits.

Deep lungs, gives a little more time to get water gift back before drowning, or just a little more time diving before death.

Extended awareness, enhancer to combat analysis. Gives doners a slight edge on those who get a mob to moderate before realizing it is ignoring most of the damage. Simply slightly greater chance that combat analysis will work.

Speed. Tiny, tiny haste that is always on and stacks with normal haste.
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Post by cezar »

phadreous wrote:Long legs? Reduced movement endurance point cost in all terrain. No change in combat.
I thought we already had that. It is called long stride
phadreous wrote:lbd bonus? would likely take alot of pdf, maybe fill that void in the 750 region. Minmaxer's dream.
I vote 'yes' with both hands. And one foot too. Sorry, still need the other to stand on
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Post by cezar »

nihil wrote:I have my doubts about the losing glow one, it's nice in theory but it would remove a small but "vital" way for money to exit the monetary system we have.
I think that reason why people walk around in shadowy glow eq is simply the fact that it takes time to restore and recharge a 15-piece set. I can live with eqs losing glow, and would still pay 50PDF for exclusive access to a channeler that takes 6 seconds per spell instead of 60
midrien

Post by midrien »

Why not have it instantly restore all your equipped eq to Intense, without actually having to remove them? Combine it with the extended buff one and call it "Magic Attunement" or something
drakken

RE: restore glows of equipment

Post by drakken »

Or maybe pay 200k to channeler and he recharges and restores all of the equipment currently being worn back to intense.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Didn't feel like starting a new post for this, so I'll just add it here.

Well, the game has advanced remarkably since 2009, mainly I (and other people, why not) have now over 1k pdfs more at the very least. There are some new features in the game that could be supported by new special blessings!

Some could be cheaper, some could be more expensive.

1: Karmic soul
Gives you more karma when you gain some (but not when you gain karma via karma transfer, since that would be abusable). Could add +1 karma for those small gains, and +10% for larger sums.

2: Divine guidance
Raises your treasure finding chances.

3: Divine inspiration
Adds a bonus to each of your skills/spells. Balance the amount accordingly, +3 would already be a huge bonus.

4: Divine defiance
Adds +N to your defiance stat

5: Boon of the divine
Adds +1 ability point to your racial guild pool. In essence, when you take this you 'gain a boon' effect.

6: Divine destiny
Occasionally gives you more mastery when you gain some.

7: Divine profession
Gives you 1 free profession level

8: Divine potential
Increases your statmaxes.

Are a couple that I could see benefitting the game.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.