Healing pool for healers

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Healing pool for healers

Post by solar »

There used to be a time when air_priests could gain some experience points by healing other players. How about bringing that back? Might nudge some of the players into reincing into a healer - they, especially the good ones, are in short supply as fire_priests opened and attracted a huge number of players into their ranks. The ones that stayed, well, most of them are fake. They just idle all day long, which does little to serve the needs of the rest of the mud :P

I have heard that some camp healers could actually benefit from the healing experience by chaining healing wind on some eq monsters and thus actually gain exp that way. Maybe the healing experience could be formed into an experience pool that gradually fills back to its max if the old way was deemed too good, so that people could no longer 'abuse' it that way? Or were there other reasons for it?

Like, every five minutes the pool would fill up with a level dependant amount of experience points that could be earned by healing damage of others and purging diseases, and it would take a few hours for it to get from 0 to its level dependant max, so that a sitting camp healer chaining healing wind would quickly exhaust his/her pool of bonus points and stop earning them, whereas a healer in an exp party would not. (Unless the tanks would not know how to def and the healer would have to chain healing all the time to keep them alive.)

Thoughts? Comments? Boogie?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Boogie, definitely boogie.

If there was a way to let them get the exp bonus without it being easily abusable, since it's probably impossible to make it totally abuse free, then it should be done. The way solar mentioned would probably work, even for those who heal random hurt people.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Honestly said, the exp gain from healing wasn't that abuse anyways (unless i've missed something) that it shouldn't still exist.

But i agree, being enslaved to the boring duty of a healer should have either something exciting to do while at it, or benefits that keep people interested.