Satan

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

alaye

Satan

Post by alaye »

What if we had a satan beside the elemental gods to be worshiped by evil classes? i haven't thought about any details, just had the idea :twisted: (maybe i should stop listening to metal :D )
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Seen as it is the belief of a man that makes him stronger, not what he believes in, i welcome the birth of any new 'gods'.
Like worshiping of 'the spirit of nature' for rangers/druids and the worshiping of 'the shadows' by the shadowdancers. Why would i serve the nature as a ranger and worship fire (it has good modifiers, but it deals with the most unnatural deamons, as i hear). Or why would i pray for the support of the darkness of shadows and then worship fire- the bringer of light?
Thus give ma a tree as the symbol of mother nature, and let me worship what i serve...

Makes sense, does it not?

And satan, well maybe not satan, but something really evil- sacrificing the hearts of good men, gives more df. It is a matter worth pondering over.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

(maybe i should stop listening to metal )[/code]

Never! :twisted:
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Sorry no satan for us. Christians might come to kick our butts and whine that we copied their fictional characters :wink:

You have to understand as we only have 4 elemental gods each of them hold lots of stuff in their domain. So if you for example want to worship nature you can turn to earth as eventhough currently their priesthood is focused on death and undeads the concept of earth god holds also nature in it :)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

So we have 4 elemental gods, is there a reason _good_ reason why we cant make it so that one could worship nature? Hmm...
What do you call it when people believe in something that contradicts your beliefs? 'infidels' or 'pagans'... dont remember. Anyway most of the creatures of Icesus might believe that there are four elemental gods, but a small number of people might beleive that there is another force that governs nature, and they might worship that force. So what if they might be wrong, they believe in what they will- just give em a place to do so...
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

is there a reason _good_ reason why we cant make it so that one could worship nature?

Maybe because sooner or later someone asks: "why i cant worship my cock as my god?". and another thing is blessing upkeep modifiers, Nature, cock or whatever needs those too then and that would be a job 'cos then anyone could worship anything..

Better to have these four elemental gods, might be alot better idea :wink:
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Well it is one thing to say that rangers should worship nature and shadowdancers worship the shadows, but is quite a different matter if someone wants to worship their priaves. One just is logical and the other is kinda disturbing...
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

belannaer wrote:Christians might come to kick our butts and whine that we copied their fictional characters :wink:
Now THAT'S something I'd REALLY LIKE TO steal to my plan/sig/etc. :DDDD