Upgrades for shifters

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Upgrades for shifters

Post by khade »

I had a few ideas for shapeshifters that I thought might be useful.

While not in human form, a shapeshifter can't build a camp or a campfire. This fits thematically, but makes it somewhat painful to regenerate. My suggestion for that is that they should get the decent camp bonus anywhere that is outside and not utter wasteland, they could also be capable of building a fireplace, though it could take much longer then normal.

I think it would be really cool if some forms could build a safe location to leave the game in, that with a bit of consistent work, will stay in the game and can be used by other players, a den for a wolf bear or snake, and a web for the spider. The tree could maybe create a glade that it lives in. Only one I can't think of anything for is the cat, since they don't really create a place to live. Working on this place should probably increase mastery, as they are acting like the animals they venerate.

Another idea is that shifters should have an unarmed parry, which functions like a normal armed block, lowers the damage a great deal but can't stop it fully. This could also be given to the brawler branch of scions and potentially monks.

This last idea is a little strange, but I think it could be fun. I think that once a shifter can get at least 2 of the 4th forms, they should be capable of creating a chimera form. By combining different forms, they could gain different powers, tree and bear could become a behemoth or a shambler, wolf bear and snake could become something like a traditional chimera, all six of the forms at high enough mastery could give a dragonlike form. This might not fit the guild thematically, but i think it could be really cool.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: Upgrades for shifters

Post by yoz »

khade wrote:I had a few ideas for shapeshifters that I thought might be useful.
Here we go again...
khade wrote: While not in human form, a shapeshifter can't build a camp or a campfire. This fits thematically, but makes it somewhat painful to regenerate. My suggestion for that is that they should get the decent camp bonus anywhere that is outside and not utter wasteland, they could also be capable of building a fireplace, though it could take much longer then normal.
Instead of this, just make the regenerate ability to work better in ow.

I'd still change to the possible human form on regens, just to wear my shiny regen set to get full hp faster, might aswell build the camp while at it. Regen sets are pretty essential, cheap and really make a difference.
khade wrote: I think it would be really cool if some forms could build a safe location to leave the game in, that with a bit of consistent work, will stay in the game and can be used by other players, a den for a wolf bear or snake, and a web for the spider. The tree could maybe create a glade that it lives in. Only one I can't think of anything for is the cat, since they don't really create a place to live. Working on this place should probably increase mastery, as they are acting like the animals they venerate.
What, Why?

They're not really animals, they're human shapeshifters.
khade wrote: Another idea is that shifters should have an unarmed parry, which functions like a normal armed block, lowers the damage a great deal but can't stop it fully. This could also be given to the brawler branch of scions and potentially monks.
This one i agree with. Unarmed parry would be quite nice.
khade wrote: This last idea is a little strange, but I think it could be fun. I think that once a shifter can get at least 2 of the 4th forms, they should be capable of creating a chimera form. By combining different forms, they could gain different powers, tree and bear could become a behemoth or a shambler, wolf bear and snake could become something like a traditional chimera, all six of the forms at high enough mastery could give a dragonlike form. This might not fit the guild thematically, but i think it could be really cool.
Correct me if im wrong, but don't you already need some % on the other masteries to get some of these "high-end" forms?

Can't bears already become behemoth?

But anyways, that idea is basically retarded, but could be finetuned in a way to give shifters some 1-2 lvl mastery sub which can be joined when one has enough masteries. Just like covens do. I kind of like the idea of being able to mix in different animals (dependant on your masteries) to create a monstrosity that can combine abilities. Just leave the cheesy stuff like dragons and such out. Ofcourse, each ability's strength should be directly dependant on your mastery in that specific branch, and joining this sub could enable the new form and variety of new skills/abilities.