Armour types

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Armour types

Post by artic »

Seen as there will soon be even more people crafting items- leatherworking now and then the master artisans soon (hopefully)- could we get some more armour types?
Here is a list of things id like to craft, but cant because such armour type does not currently exist:
* Hooded cloak- covers cloak and head slot, most people say its useless, as you cant wear your shiny crown with it, but id like to have one.
* apron- covers torso and belt slot, like the one bakers, smiths and butchers wear.
* sash- a belt with small compartments for storing things, would cover belt slot and give an addition to my pulk capacity
* Boots with long greaves- cover feet and legs.

Maybe more ideas...?
And if there is going to be weapons crafted, new weapon types would be nice too. like Scissors Katars?

Post by Guest »

there are aprons, i think. what i would like is spiked armo(u)r if an enemy smashes into you or uses his fists, he takes damage. another thing would be spiked boots or maybe razor boots. either of these would cause major damage for a monk or player who uses kick a lot, but they would need to be designed in a way that they would break if you wore them away from battle: wear and tear of walking.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

thera wrote:there are aprons, i think.
You have missed my hole point. i know there are aprons, but you cant make one, because its not a armour type. Same for hooded cloak. What You are talking about is making a glow item that returns damage, and name it 'Item of Thorns/spikes'. And im almost positive something similar will some day be invented, but then it will be in a form of a shield, a breastplate or something rather regular. What im talking about is adding armour types that you could make armours with leatherworking and maybe in the future with other crafting skills.
One good example is bracers: again they exist in many forms, but when you try to make your own, you get 'there is no such armour type, see help armour types' wich is wierd, how can there not be such a armour type, if such armour exists?
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Armour Types

Post by janeti »

Yeah. The whole thing could do with consolidating. At the moment you can use leatherworking to make armour type/material combinations that the smith can't (like a leather full helm).
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

Well if you'd take damage when you hit someone with a 2-meter-long-greatsword there need to be some damn long spikes in the armour. So I don't think that attacker takes dam. thing would be good unless it's only for unarmed combat and maybe against daggers, knives, etc.