W: More fish-species

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

W: More fish-species

Post by solar »

I'm probably not the only one who would like to see more fishes in the MUD. I created this topic so that people who feel the same way can post their ideas for new fishes here. There's always a chance that Idles will take a look at what goes on and might add more fishes if enough people support this idea, or post their own ones.

Speculation: So far the fishes you can fish are all 'mundane', so fictional fantasy-fishes might not get implemented. Also there are no seas (or oceans) in Icesus, so big whale-like creatures might not get implemented either. Climate might not support fishes that are generally found in warm (tropical) waters.

Suggestion: We are in need of a fish very much like sturgeon, so the biggest fish record at astug wouldn't just be a clone from sturgeon list. Crabs would also be nice additions.
Perhaps some sort of octopi, eels and squids might make their way into the MUD as well? :)

Another suggestion: deep-lake terraintype to the great lakes that dominate the south-southeast part of the valley.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.

Post by Guest »

what about some aquatic species. or semi-aquatic so they can go underwater and on land, it would be fun to hunt fish in their invironment.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

On-line database

Post by solar »

Fishbase

I did some searching and found out this thing. It's pretty nice.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

what about some of the extinct fish species? some of these would be a lot of fun to fish, you catch it, then you fight it. maybe those fish would be deep underground
kade

Post by kade »

I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to go underwater. There could be equipment/magics to support that as well as races that love the water. Then we could implement spear fishing hehe. That'd add some danger to fishing as well.
dracolipse

Post by dracolipse »

kade wrote:I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to go underwater. There could be equipment/magics to support that as well as races that love the water. Then we could implement spear fishing hehe. That'd add some danger to fishing as well.
There is a place right now where you can go underwater, including a way to stay alive without drowning. However, it's for higher players than me because I always get killed. :)
"If you love somebody, let them go. For if they return, they were always yours and if they dont, they never were. - Kahlil Gibran"