New healing spell?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

atreus
Supporting Member 2006

New healing spell?

Post by atreus »

Just occurred to me... probably a result of some cosmic particle passing through my brains or something...

It could be nice to have a healing spell that wouldn't just heal a player or all players in the room once when cast but, that would slowly keep healing and draining the healer's sp for as long as it's maintained or, the healer runs out of sp. So, the idea would be pretty much the same as with unstable dimensional rift, except that the player would maintain a healing effect instead of a rift.

Any thoughts on that?

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

The question is what guild would obtain that spell? Air priests, no. They have better healing spells than that kind of regeneration i think.

Thats just my opinion tho. 8)
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

Ye I know, the mages!! :twisted:
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

harlonus wrote:The question is what guild would obtain that spell?
Air priests, of course! :)

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Healing Spell

Post by janeti »

Speaking of new healing spells, how about some clerical type cantrips. VERY minor healing, and probably only able to be cast out of combat.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i'd like that, but not too hard to find, just a little expensive. or we could have first aid skills that don't just have to do wit revival or stopping bleeding, that would be good too.
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

While at it, why not add some melee talent? Like kill everything with a single blow.
I think you're missing the whole guild point here. If you've been feeling a little uncomfortable with the amount of damage you get during combat, form a party, get a healer, or improve your con/armours.
Casters cast and tanks.. bleed. Mixing between these two facts will only cause a mess, in my opinion.

Cheers
Odo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Healing Spell

Post by janeti »

The point of making it out of combat only was that it can't replace a-priests. And all casters can melee, they may suck at it but they can do it. A few minor spells gives everybody the chance to use those sp that everybody has but not everybody uses, unless you want to learn Floating Disc (which is more useful in my opinion than a spell which can only heal a few percent or speed up normal healing) or Floating Letters (which is almost completely useless). And cantrips aren't exactly reliable.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

Actually tanks use sps: templars cast spells and BoJ uses sps, rangers have a sub full of spells, sd:s have barrier, etc. Only melee-guild that doesn't use spells (from own subs and that I know of) is militia, but it's ment that way.
idles
Site Admin

Re: New healing spell?

Post by idles »

atreus wrote:It could be nice to have a healing spell that wouldn't just heal a player or all players in the room once when cast but, that would slowly keep healing and draining the healer's sp for as long as it's maintained or, the healer runs out of sp.
Basically the idea would be the same as with healing smokes. Honestly, I don't see great need for a new set of healing spells.
Icesus Administration
mudley

Post by mudley »

I've spent a lot of time playing in the air priest guild, and I can say that they don't need any more healing spells. In my opinion they manage very well with the spell 'collection' they have right now.

Air priests are the only guild capable of healing others at the moment (except ranger's good berry -spell), so if you need healing ask for an air priest, not for a cantrip.

Yours truly,
Mudley
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I agree with mudley, its really hard to make exp as a healer already, and if everyone had a healing cantrip airpriests would be useless.

So if you need healing invite a air priest to your party or to your camp.
molden

Post by molden »

artic wrote:its really hard to make exp as a healer already
No its not, you probably get best exp rate as air priest when you are in low levels. Easily.

But still, making cantrips for healing would be just plain stupid. It would totally unbalance everything in game.

all this is just IMHO.