Carrying

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

aouwra

Carrying

Post by aouwra »

So we're going for realism eh? To the point where you're going to make my wee puny little un-enduring Spell Weaver self camp three times on the way to my guild?
How 'bout if my big strong Fir'bolg buddy can pick up my extra tiny self and carry me there in his pocket?
Why not? Surely him with his massive frame can pick me and my tiny equipment up, maybe letting me perch on his shoulder or ride on top of his helmet?
It'd be a huge boon for newbies who can't get themselves where they need to be due to choosing weaker/smaller races.
And again, it'd be more realistic.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

It's really, really hard to code. Believe me, I've studied about coding it :)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Id have to give my agree here, i also think it would be nice to ride on th eback of my centaur-budy. (bareback riding, no strapping a saddle to his torso slot :))
aouwra

Post by aouwra »

D'oh. Oh well. I have no skill whatsoever in coding, but I hadn't imagined it would involve anything other than making a fancier following script and eliminating the movement cost of the person being carried, maybe adding an invisible object to the carrier's inv. to represent the other player.
iluth

Post by iluth »

belannaer wrote:It's really, really hard to code. Believe me, I've studied about coding it :)
i know very little about coding, but couldn't it be similar to partying? once the party leader leaves a room you automatically follow him, carrying could work like a party but without a visible party name, and the 'party follower' ie a spell weaver, would have no ep loss during that time
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

... and the "party leader" the carrier would have a greater ep cost on movement, as he has a higher load.
rixa

Post by rixa »

Sounds abuse :)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

how is traveling longer distances with party than with solo an abuse, i dont get it...
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Carrying

Post by janeti »

Isn't ep usage related to weight carried?

So you could move further by giving some of your equipment to your buddy to carry?