From the Depths of my Insanity

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

seryn
Supporting Member 2009

From the Depths of my Insanity

Post by seryn »

I finally managed to lower myself to the very depths of insanity reachable by an infecti, and although the things other people see at that point are pretty crazy, the things the psionicist herself sees are just random statements from portal sickness. It's simply amazing how good this guild is, especially with how quickly Bel got it finished, and it seems well balanced and has its own niche that no other guild covers, but it loses something of its grandeur when any guild can hop through a portal and be just as insane as someone who spends their life sifting through the deepest darkest reaches of the human psyche.

It would seem to me that after intentionally becoming infected with a strange sybiotic organism of some sort and delving into the minds of the most disgusting creatures imaginable on a daily basis, infecti should be some truly screwed up people. I've thought up a few ideas to help make the infect the demented wrecks they should be, and hopefully others will add to this to help inspire Bel to wreak his awesome vengeance on what's left of my mind.

The descriptions of the various levels of insanity show more than anything an increasing level of paranoia. To make the infecti feel this they could receive random tells from people (either logged on or not) with strange, cryptic, and above all scary messages. For example:

Geoffrey tell you 'Soon he will be coming... Oh so very, very soon...'

And of course you ask geoffrey what on earth he's talking about only to find out he hasn't logged on in 6 weeks or so. Or, if it's someone logged on and unidle, they wonder what on earth you're talking about and become convinced that being an infecti is getting to you.

To accentuate the feeling of paranoia, every now and then a random person or mob in the room could stare at you, or snicker at you, or grin an evil grin at you. At the very lowest point of sanity, they could even start appearing as leering demonic visages or something.

The messages that other people in the room see are pretty good, but to them could be added random mutterings and dialogues about players in the room. Once you start losing your mind you could start making random statements to yourself about how player X is after you and you have to get the first, or how delicious the taste of player Y's mind is.

Just some random ideas, so let me know what you think and if you've got any ideas for this.
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

That sounds great, IMO =)
particularily that tell part :D although people'd learn to get around it. It'd be fun at first, later merely annoying...