Player built cabins

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

kade

Player built cabins

Post by kade »

I think it'd be rather cool to have players be able to build a cabin out in the woods. They'd probably have to buy land that's been flagged buyable so people wouldn't build right next to a city gate or something dumb. It'd take a lot of time, skills, and materials, but it would be worth it. It'd be a cool place for a player to show off their stuff, probably have a hunting records plaque there ya know? And they would buy a lock for the front door so people don't wander in and clean the place out. Any thoughts on this?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I have thought about this earlier, but i also know its very hard to code (at least in my opinion).

I would like to be able to buy a piece of land, and have maybe an artesan build a cabin there for me, and maybe a small stable for my mount too. Also i woud like it, if the house would need some repairs from time to time- and if its not repaird it would collapse, the roof would start leaking etc.
Also i think there should be a limit to how much land a player can own- like maybe only one piece of land, or maybe one close to every city (You would have to buy the land from the mayors office, and if you were a citizen of that city it would be a bit cheaper for you). As a result small villages/communities would form around the city area, like it should be (the rich people live in the houses inside the protective walls of the city and the poor live in shacks, cottages, and farmhouses near the city). So i would also like to see the small cottages a bit cheaper than the rooms in the cities, but cottages would need a reasonable upkeep in money via repairs.

Also ablut the doorlocks, one should be able to have an artesan make a duplicate key for the lock, so it would be possible to share the cabin with someone- if you dont have enough money to afford a cabin, you migh find a player that is willing to share it with you and pay half the bills.
Also i think it would be reasonable to put some throphies on the walls of the cabin, put up record plaques, some furniture etc.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

My brain does not compute the word 'charity' - it simpy does not. But i do understand 'trade'.

I would like to buy a cabin in icesus, with real money. This would solve 2 problems: i would be supporting icesus (with real money) and id get my dreamhouse.
I mean look at the icesus map, theres a lot of gray area there, that all could be outworld and everyone (willing to spend _real_ money) could buy a piece of that. So buy one outworld room, add some sort of building(s) there, with lockable doors. The area could be custom made - like a gaesati would mabye like a wolfden and a priest a small chapel. More money for extra rooms etc.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I like Icesus being one mud that doesn't give you huge amounts of benefits if you happen to be wealthy and can afford paying, though the 250pdf reward for joining is acceptable.

I like the cabin idea too, but I think it shouldn't be only gettable with real money.
phu

Post by phu »

is there a royalty system set up in the kingdoms? Cause I was thinkin if there was then you could have to ask the king for permision to get a cabin with a farm/mine and youd have to farm/mine to keep it and give all the stuff to the king in payment for the land..indentured servetude<sp?> as it were..and if you didnt produce enough to keep the king happy he could just kick you out :) or if no royalty system then just have to give it to a mob or nameless entity and your given quota that if its not met you lose your place...and rangers could maybe purchase land from their guild and would have to bring skins to their guildmaster..

just a thought
Run!! its the Mooses again!!
rheloth
Supporting Member 2019

Post by rheloth »

if i remember right, there were serious talking about out world player owned mansions/cities, and i think someone started to coding them too, but wonder what happened to that
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Cities? wow!
If a room costs 10 Million, how much would a city cost?!!?