advanced monk runes

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

gorre

advanced monk runes

Post by gorre »

I have been wondering about monk runes, those seem to be the most easily maxed 'masteries' than any guild has, so i'm proposing advanced monk runes, when you reach the max level for body of steel, body slam, pearl of wisdom, stone fist or stone feet, some upgraded rune could be available automaticly ie. replacing the old rune.
ideas are not entirely mine and i won't take full credit of them:

body of steel: possibilites are improved physical resistance or more resistance against more elements, or even both, also it would be nice to see the effect in your overall ac.

body slam: maybe some psionic attack or some to confuse the opponent before releasing the deadly compo, elminating any defences against it or even makin the opponent more vulnerable.

pearl of wisdom: maybe a diamond of thought, more wis, some int and maybe because diamonds are beuatiful, +cha.

stone fist and stone feet, imho the best possibility for those are changing stone to steel and adding a damage type of own choice (of few choices), i'm not sure if 2 damage types, if feet and fist would be different type, would it make monks too powerful or so.

if the runes would have levels as they had before would they just strengthen the effects or add more abilities, maybe even changeable damage types.

anyways these just come out in initial chatting, hope to get more good idea to this forum!

-- Gorre