Looking...

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

amerek

Looking...

Post by amerek »

Hi, I've been in this game for only a short time, but I've noticed that people are really self-conscious about their characters...It's awkward when someone LOOKS at you. I think that making it so that "look <someone>" just showed you their description and didn't advertise to everyone else that you just took a peak at them would really improve the game. The effect that it gives now, "Amerek just looked at Blah," could be replaced by, say, glance <person> perhaps...Maybe there's a verb I don't know about that lets you look at people without them knowing. This would make the appearance of items a lot more important, imho.

Thanks,

Amerek
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

I like the current behavior. It gives you a reason to interact with someone. Nothing brutal, but just a reason to emote at them.

But maybe thats a sorcerer thing. Its just nice to have a little contact with a stranger pc other than wiping bits of them off my robe.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i sometimes use looking at someone to make them look at me, and maybe heal me if i need it, without advertising that i am in bad shape.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Actually, I find the self-consciousness folks have for their chars amusing at times. Having your "look" echoed to the room doesn't really do any harm and generally initiates some interaction.