More Ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Th rod idead is nice- it would be like a temporary spell container. Before hunting a mage would have to cast a spell at the rod, woich then would kinda suck the spell effects in (with maybe a small power loss) and at the wizards command he could release the spell from the rod realy fast and with almost no great consentration needed. After that the rod would be empty again, so to use it again the mage would need to stere another spell in it.

The artesand could fashion these rods/wands, with the skill of the artesan affecting the maximum power of the spell that could be stored in a wand. Than a mage could store a spell in a wand and either keep it, or sell it- of course there would be great penalties if the wand is used by a non magic player (greatly lowered spell power), so the one that stores the spell would do the most damage with it, but others could use it too.
if these penalties are tuned correctly this idea should not create a problem for game balance, i think.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

10, 18 and 21 sounded good. Others would serve no real (nor good) purpose... as for rods, I think there is already some code involving their functioning, there just aren't any (or very few) in the game.

Of course these are just my opinions, so there's little weight for them - keep ignoring. :)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

6: After using a mule I must say that those smaller mounts are quite the pain in the.. I noticed that when it starts snowing the water level rises, of course. But what isn't fun is crossing a river with a mule, and then turning around 2 minutes later and being stuck, because it started snowing and the water is too deep to cross. I was once actually enclosed in the area where teladan was, with mountain on west, lake on east, and a river north/south, because it started snowing before i managed to cross the second river, and it was quite frustrating. (and the way the river tiles were arranged, it was impossible to cross diagonally, which is what the usual solution is). But the floating spell wouldn't do me any good right? So it would be nice if there were some other ways to deal with this, such as I dunno.. building some sort of bridge that allows you to step on 1 river tile or something. Or heck maybe even carrying the mount across ;P

9: The way mages hunt now isn't really a problem. The only problem lies with damage, that throwing wont do as well as a large ball of fire say. But aside from that mages have it easy with hunting. You don't have to flee to wield weapons as anyone else would have to ysee? You just start casting your spell and that's that. I can see a mage winning an event if they were dedicated enough (and if Thakkrad was idle of course!) Speaking of it, it would be nice if you had some time to flee or wield while the animal advances on you, just like undetected archery, cuz that's technically what it is anyway ;)
So really mages can make excellent hunters with how things are now. I knew a bunch of mage hunters in my time, some gave up after all those tunes though :P Also I wouldn't want to "hunt with large ball of ice" and cast it on some field mouse. I'd rather just step on the darn thing :twisted: When I started playing here I was a mage and I did some hunting, and I didn't like how I couldn't hunt with a spell. But I just eventually realized that hunting is different than going around zapping things, youre just meant to throw a spear or shoot a bow. And it's not as great as opening with a spell no, but it's a sacrifice you make, as a ranger would be making if he decided to fight indoors and lose all of his outworld bonuses skills and masteries.

But I had the same idea for wands on another mud, charging with spells ^^ It would be cute if mages could do that, but I guess here it could cause problems unless it were limited to miscellaneous spells? :|

11: I like this idea, a pocket watch would be one of those random pointless items I like that add a bit of fun to the game :D I'd buy it!

13: I'm assuming this one would depend entirely on the guild coding itself. If you were patient enough you could probably find out what stats you get from it anyway (and I doubt there would ever be any negatives, so no worries there). It's probably always better to just use your guild item, only thing left in the dark is if you get any regens and how great the effect is.

And here's one tiny idea I have that I may as well throw in here. Being a ranger, a protector of forests and animals and such, it would be nice if there were a couple of +ranger rep mobs in the outworld. I mean the defiled grove is nice, I like being there, but I don't ever feel like i'm protecting any forest (the opposite maybe, because I kill so many animals. But i put that down to balancing populations ;D). There's -rep rangers around, but no +rep evil orc tree chopping bad guys yknow? So yep!
estiela
Supporting Member 2005

Post by estiela »

Really good ideas here. Hopefully they see the daylight someday.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

This is a multi idead post so instead of spamming another post ill pu my idea here. Hope Allanon dont mind :)

What about pets? I see a guy sell dogs in vaerlon and rejoyce, but then it turns out those are riding dogs only. And im too big to ride a dog, and even if i was not too big, id still not ride a dog. Id like to have a dog as a pet. Invite it in my party, have him follow me around, teach him some new tricks ih he has gained enough exp by fighting at my side. Of course pets would not do great damage, but they would be more like for fun and it would be nice if they could defend themselfs a bit. Maybe teach them a dodge feat or teach him some other feaths that make him circle the enemy really fast and bite the moster at the heels just like those little dog-wannabe mooches do. And why not have an exotic pet seller like there is one for mounts.
I would not like it if i would have to join a new guild to have a pet- levels are very valuable for me, too valuable to spend on something that is more fun than helpful. But id totally agree that one would have to train some skills from a dogtrainer, that would be totally normal.