improvised equipment

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

apex

Post by apex »

Thoran,
what about a skill/ability to make larger, more effective camps in the wilderness. these camps would act as safe exit places, and would store items (like lockers), and perhaps even have better cooking facilities- (perhaps you could only create them a certain amount of rooms away from city/roads?

this would let rangers, or groups of rangers be completely undependent of cities for long periods of time, and have a real "camping out" sort of ability..

Maybe not so practical, but it'd be cool-
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

Äpex,

Ok so no lockers (dig holes for short time storage, and carry what you own on you...)

But I agree that there should be a possibility to "leave game" in winderness, maybe on a camp like this.
apex

Post by apex »

Should be relatively hard to make (time consuming?) <specially if this lasts over boots>- might even take a full boot, or just many hours if done by yourself (have many rangers work together to increase efficiency) -?

This way there aren't 10,000 exit points around the map, and they wouldn't be just "make and ditch" sort of things- if made you'd want to sort of gravitate around for a while..

and perhaps only to last 1 or 2 boots without rebuilding?

-Just a few ideas
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

ok, sounds fun to me
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

My idea was more like let the members of survival guild "leave game" on a campsite and return back to the same location. The camp would not be anything special, like last for a long time.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is even possible, I have to consult Idles/Cutter on this.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Not sure if these have been mentioned:

Log cabin, saddle, canoe type thingy, rope.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I do not care much about leaving game in wilderness- there are plenty of safe placec around for my taste. But I do think it would be very usefull and logical to co-op in camp building. I do not understand why only one person can build a camp at a time. I would like this changed to be similar to hunting, where the skill that counts is the skill of the person who has the highest skill %, but it should be faster with more people. Although i do agree that there should be a limit to how many people can build a camp at once- too many would just get in each others way, but 2-3 people working together sound logical.
iluth

Post by iluth »

I've been thinking lately that elven rope would be a very neat item. For some of the essential stuff in icesus there's a lighter version of it which can be carried around to save on space and weight, thinking specifically of shovel, sleeping bag and other useful things to reduce weight like magic pouch.

Anyway the currently existing ropes are HUGE: 5.0kg 4.0l (and all i want it for it to tie a horse, not rock climbing)

There is already a smaller version of rope called "quite short rope" or something like that, but turns into a regular rope once you've untied your mount, perhaps there could be an extremely expensive or rare, or hard to make elven rope which would be half the size and bulk and have some fancy description?
felgand

Post by felgand »

While I haven't actually logged into the game itself, the example Mizzt gave seems to have good promise and the skills are interesting. It's worth a look, I think. :D
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Improvised Equipment

Post by janeti »

How about thrown rock.

Pretty useless for doing actual damage, but you could pick one up in the wilderness and 'Hunt with Rock' while regening your ep (you might get a hunting increase). Just hope you don't find anything too big.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Provided that you can find rocks lying around somewhere, you can throw them already with the "throw" command.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Improvised Equipment

Post by janeti »

Perhaps I'm unobservant, or unlucky, or just haven't been to the right places but I don't recall ever having seen one. And you should be able to find a tennis ball sized rock in lots of places (tundra maybe not, rivers and mountains almost definitely). You would naturaly have to 'search' for it first, time taken dependant on terrain.

Incidentaly, since you can throw them I presume you can already hunt with them. Yes?
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Hmmm... maybe we should have "gather rocks", and make them quick-throw items.