Players affecting the history of icesus?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

What do you think about Players affecting the world history?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:26 am

I would surely read it during regens.
17%
I would also like to submit some material to the history.
17%
If my deeds would be noticed, i would RP more.
28%
If my deeds would be noticed, i would PK more.
No votes
All of the above.
28%
None of the above. For me history is pointless.
11%

Total votes: 18

mandrake

Post by mandrake »

this is only slightly on the same topic, Icesus History, but I was reading though the world history on the web site an I noticed that there are a few spelling an grammer mistakes on it.

Granted my own spelling an grammer are not the best but I thought I would mention it cause some of the mistakes kinda make it hard to understand some things.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

one word as the answer to this problem: newspaper
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

khade wrote:one word as the answer to this problem: newspaper
Well, actually a newspaper/-letter would only be the answer for a part of the problem. Surely the major events and actions of a single period of time (week, month) could be in a newsletter. But what about the past?

Mandrake, out of a topic complaining about the rules of engagement, you made a topic pushing your idea of a thieves guild and advertising your mud. Out of a topic discussing the history of player actions you made a complaint of typos on the web-page? These typos have been mentioned at least three times on this forum before!

Edit:
Oh, now i get it! I thought you was just posting irrelevent stuff everywhere, but now i see how your post is still very related to the topic.

Everyone who didnt see how mandrakes post was topic related >> mandrake too wants to affect the world history of icesus. But he does not want to do this by fighting wars, climbing heights or fishing big and dangerous fish. He wants to change history by removing typos out of it!
Last edited by artic on Fri Jul 23, 2004 00:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

Artic

One.)I was not complaining about the typos cause they are not that big a deal, its only a few an easy mistakes to make, I just mentioned them in case some one missed them. Excuss me for tryin to be helpfull.

Two.)my posts on the rules of engagement thread were not complaints as it was a thread discussing opinions of kill stealing an I mearly voiced mine same as you. You do not have to agree with mine no more then I do yours, however as people we should be able to discuss them with out some one getting snitty cause some one doesn't agree with our views.

Three.)As I said in my last post on the Thieves Guild idea, I was not advertising my mud as I haven't even started it yet other then getting the rough ideas in order an was there for wanting input from the only source of Mudders I have in the form of the players of Icesus. I also stated that I was wanting input from the wizards an other admin of Icesus as clearly they would have input to give as they are already running a mud. I also said I was dropping the idea of a thieves guild as what little desire for one is not enough to warrant one, that an the fact that no one was willing to seriously discuss it.

Mandrake
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

A newspaper sounds like a great idea, and a new use for the library in vaerlon for all the editions being kept. Also about the newspaper not being about "the past", thats not true. One could easily write a history article if they wanted to? (e.g. weloq's death).