Interesting party idea

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

aaeli

Interesting party idea

Post by aaeli »

I just had this cool idea and was wondering what yal thought about it. What if one could make a job-specific party, where you join the party to perform a function in that party. Such as a priest would join as a healer, and and a member of the milita could join as the fighter/blocker. The rangers who are adept at ranged combat would join as ranged fighters, in the second row. The normal party system could still be available. Joining the different jobs would give certain benefits. Such as the fighters/blockers would get more exp but less, if any, loot. This would also give rise to a restricted loot system. I know this new party system would be WIDE OPEN to abuse, but thats why it's and idea! I'm looking for your input on how to avoid this abuse and improve upon this idea.
Does anybody have change for a mithril?
felgand

Post by felgand »

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish with this system...explain it a bit more?
aaeli

Post by aaeli »

well, it would let players who are partying concentrate on different aspects of playing, training, exp, and money. It would also ad a nice RP element to the game. Also, in a normal party, 100% of the exp is distributed (in most cases), whereas in this party more exp will be awared because all players recieve a percentage of the value of the exp from the monster. This value is not subtracted. Idk, i thought it would be really fun as well :D
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

NO.

Firts everyone already joins a party to perform a certain job in that party. I have yet to see a party where a militia man is in second row and a healer is tanking. (Ok, this might happen if a high level healer wants to exp up his newbie militia friends, but not normally, ok). So i dont know why we should award people even more for forming parties than we already do.

Second. Being in a party is so much of an advantage compared to being a solo player already. If the award of being in a party becomes any greater it would become very-very stupid to solo, or to join a guild that is designed for solo. I dont party and already i make less money, exp and devotion than players that are 10 levels lower than me, but party actively, but i dont whine about that. it is quite logical that as a team you are more powerful than you are alone. I just dont want to see any more awards for being a party-man.
aaeli

Post by aaeli »

hmm, i see, hrm, sorry, just an idea i had and wanted to bounce around