Caster-sized caster staffs (staves?)

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I agree with allanon. Mages dont get a good blundgeoning (thats a typo im sure) weapons skill, but they do get it. So some weapons that would allow you to cast would be fine by me. A good example is the sorcerers scepter- i know its a different thing and that the power of all their spells is in that scepter, but- scepter/wand/rod/staff of fire to make all firespells a bit better, and deal fire damage in melee sounds nice. Currently mages move their hands in strange patterns, i cant see no reason why they cant move their staff in strange patterns or their hands in strange patterns holding a scepter in one hand. And a stick/rod/wand/scepter would all be of different sizes thus a moldman wielding a want would be like a human holding a staff etc.
wilde
Supporting Member 2013

Staffs

Post by wilde »

Just reinc into an elf and wield those Solael staffs without any trouble. Small caster races get other "perks" so the lack of enough str and size to wield a good staff isnt too bad. Or if you really want to wield a staff, train str or get boosts etc.