New chronomancer spell

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

asventral
Supporting Member 2007

New chronomancer spell

Post by asventral »

I was thinking about a spell that could allow chronomancers to send small things to someone through the void, with weight/size restrictions.
Could be used to send food, potion, or even some coins.

:?:
iskey
Supporting Member 2010

Post by iskey »

I think sorcerers have that spell already.
Omoshiroi
moraq

Post by moraq »

Yes, sorcerers can teleport things via vortexes so I don't think that similar spell would be implemented for chronos.
brich

this reminds of a "problem"

Post by brich »

This post makes me think of a certain problem often encountered. There are situations when one has to ponder: "What skills/spells will I gain from this guild's levels? Are those worth spending the exp on levels?" . This is maybe the way things were planed to be but it's frustrating for some. Questions like "Blow f justice can be trained somewhere?" from a level 12 templar are awkward and I sure wouldnt blame that certain templar. I'm not saying there should be a list of all skills and spells,at what level those can be trained or how much exp they cost. An example of nice info I found are the elemental subguilds of the templars .There it is said there will be a certain spell available. Sadly there are also skills in the named guilds that simply surprise the player ...like camping or such. It would be nice if there would be more info available on some guilds (especially the open ones) in form of plaques/signs at theyr loctaion or on the webpage (at the guilds list).
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Placing a skill-tree in a room or the web-page presents a great threat- others finding out what skills/spells you have. Thus the skill 'find weakness' will become player-sided. There are guids wich are surrounded by a clowd of mystery, and it is ment to be so : sorcerers, shadowdancers, infecti etc.

On the other hand higher level players can already find out all the skills any guild offers and a skill-tree would be very useful for low-level players.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Also a point i see in this topic is that good playerfriendly spells are always given to high-level players that arent that friendly and helpfull. Examples: reinc for high level chronomancer, this transport vortex for high level sorcerers and once upon a time ressurect for high level earth-priests.
brich

GRR!

Post by brich »

I did say not a skill tree :(
"I'm not saying there should be a list of all skills and spells,at what level those can be trained or how much exp they cost "

I suggested a little more info. For example it would be nice to know that templars have low maxes on certain skills or that they get a certain unique spell and a vague description of it.No more then that

PS...dont get it how to use the quote feature :(
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: GRR!

Post by artic »

brich wrote:I did say not a skill tree :(
I know you _didn't_ say a skill-tree, I _did_. And when i did i also did not mean all skills and spells. I also ment the most important and unique skills/spells/features. Features including the restrictions like the lower maxes in some subguilds.